diy solar

diy solar

could I really build an ecoflow delta pro alternative, need an interim off-grid 240v system in the UK/Ireland

solar the chimp

Watching Will's DIY all in one ecoflow alternative, I wondered if you guys could point me to a simple system.

I can follow instructions, and pretty handy.
We need a way to be up and running very quickly
We have a disconnected property and need the power to run a Chinese diesel heater, fridge, led lights, iMac, and an instapot, but not all at once.
The roof is south-facing with no shading.
I am able to fund better components, hopefully, that can be integrated into a later larger system, and can immediately put up 60m2 of solar panels, (thinking of bifacial panels) and will buy a backup generator

Is there a DIY system out there already collated for me to just buy and put together, or a complete purchase list for the UK/Ireland supplier?

sure I could buy an Ecoflow but I wouldn't learn anything

kindest regards Solar the chimp

if time is your enemy, then the diy option might be quicker than buying already built components to connect together that might need to be ordered in?

though i would assume any 'all in one' might be available immediately off the shelf. if youre in the UK, fogstar sell good priced cells to make uo your own battery

if you look on youtube for gadget john, he has bought a complete plug and play system but i have no idea if they are available for immediate purchase.

ebay, market place or other selling sites might have components that are being replaced for bigger ones, so might be worth a look?

supplier?

sure I could buy an Ecoflow but I wouldn't learn anything
Will’s system could be replicated just you need similar equipment for 230VAC. Probably stuff in stock somewhere to get you running in a few days, and batteries easily obtainable as well.
The egoflow will just cost twice as much for half the power

Last edited:
For off grid in Ireland you could buy the stuff on Amazon and away you go. Be aware it’s illegal to touch the distribution panel wiring but hey no one’s looking.

This assumes non grid tie

Thanks, not grid tied,

Will be researching and post any systems and hopefully results
But if anyone comes across or has experience of any such plug and play systems please post links

Cheers

Back