diy solar

diy solar

Custom 280ah battery rack vs Luyuan Battery Box

Escuimein

Hi,

I know this was asked before in the forum but found no answer. Do any of you have experience with the Luyuan battery cases? I can add them to my Grade A 280ah order, and they come up to around $270 w/o the bms vs building my own rack with 2x12s. I have limited space in the area that I want to install my system, so I want to keep the install to a depth of 12" against the wall and height to a max of 50" So I will probably have to side mount the batteries. DIY vs Battery box is roughly a $1,000 difference for the entire build but will definitely look much cleaner.

1666447486741.png

1666449044227.png

1666449090893.png

Amy sent me those pictures with JK Bms and screen. I think the hole next to the screen area is for the bms power button

In general it looks like a good Seplos Alternative that you can customize with JK BMS.

What is the power of your solar system and need a 57kwh battery ,big energy

I asked amy about the lug size.

I am planning 5840w in qcell 365w panels.

I live in Puerto Rico and I am tired of the blackouts. So I want to go offgrid. My plan is to account for a week w/o solar energy in case of emergency/Hurricanes. In theory 5.5 hrs of sun I can generate 32120w.

Oh, I've been looking at this box too, sadly those terminals used only allow for up to 25mm2 which is a bit small in my opinion.

Im asking amy about the wire gauge. I think she is getting them custom made so maybe we can figure out a larger terminal

I noticed there's some kind of electronic board in the box, but what does it do?

How much current max will you be likely drawing
Oh, I've been looking at this box too, sadly those terminals used only allow for up to 25mm2 which is a bit small in my opinion.
Maybe see if these thru wall terminals of your liking could be procured instead?

Back