diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Do these kits include the PCB boards as pictured above?
Seems it does according to the part list on their website here

Parts List

• 1 * Battery Case (Bottom case, Front Panel, Top Bracket, Front Bracket, Top cover)1 * 48V 200A 16S SEPLOS BMS
  • 1 * 58V 400A Fuse
  • 4 * Handle
  • 2 * PCB Board for BMS and Cell Connection
  • 3 * Upper and Lower Latch lock
  • 1 * LCD Screen
  • 1 * LCD Screen Sticker
  • 4 * Button Cap
  • 3 * Wires (LCD Screen wire, PCB board A and PCB board Connector)
  • 2 * Battery Terminals (P+ Terminal and P- Terminal)

Other components includes:
  • 6 * Copper bus bars (BMS connection)
  • 15 * Aluminum bus bars (Cell connection)
  • 10 * Epoxy sheet (Between cell and the case)
  • 26 * EVA Tape (Between cells)
  • 1 * PC sheet (Top cover)

Seems it does according to the part list on their website here

Parts List

• 1 * Battery Case (Bottom case, Front Panel, Top Bracket, Front Bracket, Top cover)1 * 48V 200A 16S SEPLOS BMS
  • 1 * 58V 400A Fuse
  • 4 * Handle
  • 2 * PCB Board for BMS and Cell Connection
  • 3 * Upper and Lower Latch lock
  • 1 * LCD Screen
  • 1 * LCD Screen Sticker
  • 4 * Button Cap
  • 3 * Wires (LCD Screen wire, PCB board A and PCB board Connector)
  • 2 * Battery Terminals (P+ Terminal and P- Terminal)

Other components includes:
  • 6 * Copper bus bars (BMS connection)
  • 15 * Aluminum bus bars (Cell connection)
  • 10 * Epoxy sheet (Between cell and the case)
  • 26 * EVA Tape (Between cells)
  • 1 * PC sheet (Top cover)

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that.

Hi All, wonder if anyone can answer this question for me, If I order this DIY unit to build 2 battery stacks to use in Parallel, what would be the maximum current I can draw from both for discharging and maximum for charging? I am trying to find out if I might not be able to fully charge 2x 16s stack with a certain time frame.

As an example I understand the pylontech us3000c has a recommended 37A with maximum of 74A, if using this DIY case I would like to know the maximum I ll be able to charge.

Thanks in advance.
the theoretical MAX is 0.5C x number of battery
So for 2 bat => 0.5 x 280 x 2 = 280A max charge discharge. just make sure to have a fuse or breaker rate for 200A for each BAT. you don't want to pull 280A if one battery go down.

Last edited:
it include everything to build the battery, except the cells
I can see Seplos doing a bangup business with these new Mason stackable 280ah kits. Many folks have been moving towards server rack batteries from outfits like Signature Solar, but since these kits are very reasonable, well constructed, include an excellent BMS, and offer the same outcome as the rack batteries at much less cost, I believe they are one of the better solutions available on the market. Well done Seplos! You have filled a need. Buying the 280ah cells and the kit with BMS and putting it together provides 14.3KW per battery(using Signature Solar 51.2v calc), vs an EG4 @ 5KW.
SS EG4 = $350 per KW
Seplos Mason 280ah Kit= $147per KW
I know which way I will be going. BTW, my current DIY cost is $118 per KW, but no where near as pretty and fire resistant as the Masons.

I can see Seplos doing a bangup business with these new Mason stackable 280ah kits. Many folks have been moving towards server rack batteries from outfits like Signature Solar, but since these kits are very reasonable, well constructed, include an excellent BMS, and offer the same outcome as the rack batteries at much less cost, I believe they are one of the better solutions available on the market. Well done Seplos! You have filled a need. Buying the 280ah cells and the kit with BMS and putting it together provides 14.3KW per battery(using Signature Solar 51.2v calc), vs an EG4 @ 5KW.
SS EG4 = $350 per KW
Seplos Mason 280ah Kit= $147per KW
I know which way I will be going. BTW, my current DIY cost is $118 per KW, but no where near as pretty and fire resistant as the Masons.
fully agree with you

My 5 cases should be shipped in the next days by air, can upload images after receiving them. I ordered cables as well.
Yep, seems like we are coming up to the end of the "20 days for production" that Seplos stated :D

Was my first choice as well but with all the delay I upgraded to air freight. Cells are already waiting, the uplift is nearly the saving in power (35 Euro cent/kWh currently)

Just placed an order for 4-cases. I was mulling over the best way to store and compress my eve batteries and this really takes care of everything I could have thought of. From the video and photos it seems like a really great and well thought through build quality.

Has anyone confirmed exactly what connectors those are on the front? I saw two different types mentioned on this thread. I'd prefer to make my own instead of buying then pre-made but I'm not quite sure what those terminal connectors are and if they can be ordered state-side?

Has anyone confirmed exactly what connectors those are on the front? I saw two different types mentioned on this thread. I'd prefer to make my own instead of buying then pre-made but I'm not quite sure what those terminal connectors are and if they can be ordered state-side?
When I ordered my cases from them, I asked, and the guy (Henry) said they were "aviation connectors" and didn't elaborate beyond that. I decided to just buy cables from them at my required lengths.

Anyone have thoughts on commissioning several of these?

I was thinking of securing my cells in the case, then building a custom cable to be able to top balance them while in the case, to prevent any issues with cell bloat on the initial charge. Overthinking it?

Presumably all packs need to be at same state of charge/voltage when connecting them in parallel? What tolerance/variance on pack voltage is acceptable for this?

Just placed an order for 4-cases. I was mulling over the best way to store and compress my eve batteries and this really takes care of everything I could have thought of. From the video and photos it seems like a really great and well thought through build quality.

You can buy pre-made from them, it will cost you more to build it yourself. at least try to buy the connector from them to be sure, they are the same brand even if the are suppose to be compatible.

Anyone have thoughts on commissioning several of these?

I was thinking of securing my cells in the case, then building a custom cable to be able to top balance them while in the case, to prevent any issues with cell bloat on the initial charge. Overthinking it?

Presumably all packs need to be at same state of charge/voltage when connecting them in parallel? What tolerance/variance on pack voltage is acceptable for this?
From my understanding the the reason to compress them is that repeated expansion over time is what causes reduced cycle life of the cells. One balance un-compressed is not going to cause you issues. Many people don't even compress the cells at all, you'll be fine :)

You can buy pre-made from them, it will cost you more to build it yourself. at least try to buy the connector from them to be sure, they are the same brand even if the are suppose to be compatible.
Hrmmm, I'm not sure I agree that it would cost me more to build myself. In either case, for me it's about having the right wire length. I'd also like to know what connectors they're using, I don't want to rely on shipping from china/another vendor if/when I needed to replace them down the road.

Back