diy solar

diy solar

Daly 100A 48v BMS odd cell voltages

cDc1979

Hi.

Working on connecting up a 16s lifepo4 battery and I have gotten to the stage of activating the BMS and can read the values in the app on my phone. The problem I have noticed is that cells 7 8 and sometimes 9 immediately show very out of range and fluctuating values. I think the BMS is also quickly shutting down due to the out of range values. I have tested each cell and they are at a satisfactory voltage on their own, and the wiring harness into the BMS also shows good voltages as I go up through the cells. In the APP though these cells have wildly fluctuating voltages and all other cells are stable. At the moment I have no charge/discharge on the circuit, only the BMS connected to the battery at the moment. I have a stable 54.3 total voltage on both the B- and P-. Any advice on troubleshooting this further?

Thanks all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230923_194230_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230923_194230_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230923_193546_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230923_193546_com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 9
Just for those out there that might experience the same issue, it was totally my fault.

The ribbon connector for the balance leads was not seated properly, I thought I had checked a ton, double checked all my crimps, correct cable sequence, tested continuity, everything looked absolutely fine but the connector needed to be properly seated by holding the clip down and connecting at a slight angle till it made a decent "click" into place. I had assumed that it was just a poor connector but hey, lesson learned.

Back