diy solar

diy solar

Daly 250A 16S Smart - MOS dis/charge

Lisu

I don't know the normal behaviour of this BMS, but it seems to me that it acts somehow strangely and I would like to ask about one detail.
I have a PV installation up and running for a few days and when the level of one cell (LiFePO4) drops to a minimum BMS should cuts off the MOS discharge. In theory.
The MOS charging and discharging are practically cut off at the same time. This leads to a situation in which the inverter reports a battery error and does not start charging at the time it should do it.
Can anyone describe how BMS Daly is behaving correctly?
Maybe I should do some configuration of the MOS charging and discharging?

Discharge cut off is tricky. The chargers suddenly see a very low voltage. Not all chargers can charge at that low voltage. When batteries cut discharge, they can no longer power anything attached to them, including... chargers.

You should have your hardware programmed to cut off before the BMS cuts off.

Understands, but my inverter after setting the LiFePO4 battery does not allow any changes to the settings (and, most importantly, has a charging activation function with a 3-second charge in despite of being cut off by the BMS)
Nevertheless, the behavior of the BMS itself is puzzling to me

Understands, but my inverter after setting the LiFePO4 battery does not allow any changes to the settings

This sounds like you need a new inverter.

(and, most importantly, has a charging activation function with a 3-second charge in despite of being cut off by the BMS)
Nevertheless, the behavior of the BMS itself is puzzling to me

This is normal. This is a common problem on DALY, JBD, etc. as well as off-the-shelf LFP batteries. This is the response of your equipment to the normal behavior of the BMS when the BMS cuts all discharge, it reports a voltage dramatically lower than most equipment can charge.

Back