diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS question about use / setup (came with no instructions)

LVLAaron

I got a little Daly 60A "R05J-GF12" (https://www.ebay.com/itm/234060907591?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648)

I got the USB and Bluetooth dongle options. It's fully programmable (With the PC software) but it came with no instructions other than some hand drawn photocopy of how to connect it.

Does anyone know what the button on the bluetooth dongle is? I know I need to sometimes press it for it to show up on the USB port, or for the mobile app to detect it... but is that how it's supposed to work?

Attachments

• 21-08-02 20-47-08 5465.jpg
    21-08-02 20-47-08 5465.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 15
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I'm having issues with my 80A smart BMS which has the same bluetooth dongle.

No answers to be found. But if it doesn’t show up in the phone app, press the button.

Thanks.
Yeah I'm having no luck.
I've tried a short 1 sec press of that button, a long 30 sec press and everything in between.
I've also tried shorting B- to P-
Still can't get the Bluetooth to turn on.
I have 14amps going into the battery through the charger and it's supposed to turn on when charging, but no luck.

It's a on switch. All it does is wakes up the bms. It needs to be pressed when bms is first hooked up or if the bms goes into sleep mode. If the bms sees no activity for a extended period of time it will go into rest mode to conserve power. That's when the button needs to be pressed again. There is a you tube video about it on off grid van life.

I think I just have a faulty button. I unplugged the micro usb cable and ran a metal pick over the contacts on the micro usb cable which then activated the BMS. I've now set the sleep time so that the bluetooth is always on.

I think I just have a faulty button. I unplugged the micro usb cable and ran a metal pick over the contacts on the micro usb cable which then activated the BMS. I've now set the sleep time so that the bluetooth is always on.
What “sleep time” setting did you use to have it always on?

Back