diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS

Hey all,
I just received a Daly BMS. I installed it and I am getting 13.33 volts to the B- but zero to the P-. I tried going through other threads but do not see an answer. Also, is there a Daly app for iphone for the bluetooth adapter? Daly has very basic instructions and no information. I should add that I did a continuity test on the BMS and its definately the BMS holding me out. Just not sure how to reset it.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I just received a Daly BMS. I installed it and I am getting 13.33 volts to the B- but zero to the P-. I tried going through other threads but do not see an answer. Also, is there a Daly app for iphone for the bluetooth adapter? Daly has very basic instructions and no information. I should add that I did a continuity test on the BMS and its definately the BMS holding me out. Just not sure how to reset it.
Did you connect the cell balance / sensor leads correctly and is the plug securely plugged into the socket ?

yes sir. tested them. get 3.3 across the leads and this socket actually has a clasp so I know the connection is tight.
You would get 3.3 across the leads as you are measuring the cell voltages. Measure from -ve (black) lead to 1st red (3.3v) then 2nd red (6.6v) then 3rd red (9.9v) and 4th red (13.2v) , but you must measure on the plug side . Next step , if all checks out o.k. is to work through the program settings of the BMS.

the

So the Daly BMS one pager wants the 3.3 on the wires but I do get the added value also. I would love to go through the BMS settings except power goes in and I cannot access anything with the computer. I have a bluetooth dongle and the overkill solar BMS I am replacing bluetooth dongle works great to get error codes. I just do not know which app the Daly uses or prefers.

So the Daly BMS one pager wants the 3.3 on the wires but I do get the added value also. I would love to go through the BMS settings except power goes in and I cannot access anything with the computer. I have a bluetooth dongle and the overkill solar BMS I am replacing bluetooth dongle works great to get error codes. I just do not know which app the Daly uses or prefers.
Unfortunately I am only familiar with the Overkill BMS. Maybe someone else with Daly Smart BMS experience can wade in here. May I ask why you are not using the Overkill ?

Unfortunately I am only familiar with the Overkill BMS. Maybe someone else with Daly Smart BMS experience can wade in here. May I ask why you are not using the Overkill
I do really like the Overkill BMS. I have two of them and they are great. I am setting up my motorhome for off grid purposes. I have a generator but unfortunately have been to several places where generators are limited use. The Daly is 250A service and the Overkill is 100A. I have tripped the circuitry on the Overkill running my microwave. Kids and wife can't live without it. :( Really a stupid reason but saves my sanity.

I received these descriptions from Daly. I still have to build my system myself.

Attachments

• 1.How to test Cells voltage before wiring - Smart BMS.pdf
    694.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.How to connect BMS with batteries.pdf
    105.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 3.How to operate Smart BMS.pdf
    748.2 KB · Views: 144
I do really like the Overkill BMS. I have two of them and they are great. I am setting up my motorhome for off grid purposes. I have a generator but unfortunately have been to several places where generators are limited use. The Daly is 250A service and the Overkill is 100A. I have tripped the circuitry on the Overkill running my microwave. Kids and wife can't live without it. :( Really a stupid reason but saves my sanity.
Thanks for the update. I thought it had to do with current capacity. Some posts coming in about the Daly Smart.

I received these descriptions from Daly. I still have to build my system myself.
Thank you. These are way better instructions than they sent me. I know my wire leads are good cause I was able to power my Overkill BMS with it so my problem has to be in the Daly (and my lack of knowledge).

Thanks for the update. I thought it had to do with current capacity. Some posts coming in about the Daly Smart.
No actually, thank you. I tested the Overkill using my Daly wiring leads. I have power all the way through the coach. I think you may be on to my problem and my pins in the BMS may be bad. Power in but no power out = acting like leads are not plugged in.

No actually, thank you. I tested the Overkill using my Daly wiring leads. I have power all the way through the coach. I think you may be on to my problem and my pins in the BMS may be bad. Power in but no power out = acting like leads are not plugged in.
Do the two BMS’s use the same plug ?

Hey all,
Charge it to activate. If the cells are charged already, discharge and try again. The App is available at Google Play. Has a green Diamond that says BMS on the logo

Charge it to activate. If the cells are charged already, discharge and try again. The App is available at Google Play. Has a green Diamond that says BMS on the logo
I was able to get the app for iphone from Daly. Thank you so much. Just started the engine of the coach and let the alternator do its thing. I am now up and running. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
I was able to get the app for iphone from Daly. Thank you so much. Just started the engine of the coach and let the alternator do its thing. I am now up and running. Thank you so much.
I have a Daly and thought they only worked with Android. Do you have the name of the app for iPhone? I have an overkill bms and it’s xiaoxiang bms

I have a Daly and thought they only worked with Android. Do you have the name of the app for iPhone? I have an overkill bms and it’s xiaoxiang bms
This is the link they sent me. I believe the IOS download is on page 3. Sorry for the late response.

Back