diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS reported SOC issue

Just another update. It has been nearly a month since my last post on this, and I have not touched the battery and let the bluetooth go to sleep since then. Woke it up and it still shows 93%. So as I noted above, for some reason if you set the BT to never time out, it will report the wrong SOC (at least on the unit I have).

Just another update. It has been nearly a month since my last post on this, and I have not touched the battery and let the bluetooth go to sleep since then. Woke it up and it still shows 93%. So as I noted above, for some reason if you set the BT to never time out, it will report the wrong SOC (at least on the unit I have).
Texas-Mark,

Thanks for that update. I have had the same thing happen to me just this past week. I have a small prototype setup 4S with Daly on 4 "32700" LifePo4 batteries. (Supposed to be 7.2 AH -- closer to 5.3 AH). I left the little prototype set up last friday @ around 65% SOC when I got back home the BMS app said SOC was 0 . I had no load on the setup when I left but I did leave the bluetooth plugged in (But I am sure there was nothing connected) I checked the voltage and it was 13.3V or so and it took a load perfectly fine.

I will continue testing to see if it repeats again over the next few days and then try changing some of the parameters and see if it fixes it and will report back. BTW at this moment my "sleep waiting time" is set to 65535

Last edited:
When you say you have no load on it, what exactly is it connected to? Like the circuit needs to be completed somehow right? Do you have it connected to an inverter (that's my assumption), if so, most inverters, even with no load, do have a draw on them. I run Growatt all-in-ones and they draw about 50w, with no load, so over the course of 24hrs will draw 1200w ...

Not sure who this was directed at, but no load means no load. Nothing at all connected to the battery.
There's gotta be something right? An inverter yes? If the circuit is not complete how are you able to use the BMS to read anything?

There's gotta be something right? An inverter yes? If the circuit is not complete how are you able to use the BMS to read anything?

No. For the purpose of this thread we are only talking about the BMS measuring the battery voltage and hence the state of charge.

Well this kinda stinks. I just bought a Daly and have the same issue. With bluetooth enable it appears my SOC just drifts lower and lower without any current draw. So without anything connected to the battery my Daly SOC just constantly moves lower and lower. It defeats the purpose of why I bought this. I can't bury my batteries away in the boat and not be able to read the SOC because bluetooth screws it up. Darn but I just went over the 30 day return

With bluetooth enable it appears my SOC just drifts lower and lower without any current draw.

Two possibilities. You have BT set to always be on. Or, by default the app won't show current draw below 1A. Make sure you don't have something drawing current that the app won't show. I believe with the PC software there is a way to show lower current draws.

Well this kinda stinks. I just bought a Daly and have the same issue. With bluetooth enable it appears my SOC just drifts lower and lower without any current draw. So without anything connected to the battery my Daly SOC just constantly moves lower and lower. It defeats the purpose of why I bought this. I can't bury my batteries away in the boat and not be able to read the SOC because bluetooth screws it up. Darn but I just went over the 30 day return
If the BT is active, it will draw power.

You would be much better served by a shunt than using the Daly data for SOC. Here is the display from my Daly, it shows the same info as the BT app and has the same settings. It goes to sleep if there isn't discharge or charge occurring.

To the upper left, you see the shunt. These are cheap enough off Amazon, I have another on my fishing boat to monitor trolling batteries and another on my golf cart.

I have the BT module, I don't use it because I have the display. I much prefer the display.

Attachments

• Displays.jpg
    Displays.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 4
Back