diy solar

diy solar

DC House on ebay 100ah $152

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
Get em boyz/girlz

I watch a guy take one apart on youtube, that one had prismatic cells, I wrote to the seller, asking to confirm type of cell, the guy refused to answer the question.

Sale is back, $133 is gone but still good price

Last edited:
Get em boyz/girlz

I watch a guy take one apart on youtube, that one had prismatic cells, I wrote to the seller, asking to confirm type of cell, the guy refused to answer the question.

Sale is back, $133 is gone but still good price
Yeah I watched that too, look like rebranded eco worthy but the capacity test went to 7v but for the price I'd open up and swap out the bms as it should stop at 10v

How many did you get?
zero, I bought the mephr whatever it is called with bluetooth bms from amazon for 180$
Next time it drops to $130s, I might get 3 more to make a 48v in series.
with the one battery with bluetooth and 3 regular in series I can monitor the current and level of charge for cheap for the 48v system

I picked up 2 of these. Took me a few days to finally get to charging them up. One of them charged up to 14.4v right away and the other needed a couple of charges at lower amps to finally get up over 14 volts. I have since put them in series for 24 volts but haven't done any significant discharges yet.

Update on the DC House batteries.

I have a pair of 12 volt Batteries in series for small 24 volt system. I put a light load on them for a couple of days, during the day, and let them sit over night ... similar to how they will likely get used around here ... and they stayed balanced. After a couple of days I put a heavier load on them until the inverter shut down due to low voltage. IF the BMSs cut off I didn't catch it. Batteries were still balanced. Turned on the IP22 charger and walked away, checking voltages every hour or so. I measured right at 105Ah charge back into the batteries and they seem to stay within .02 volts of each other whether charging or discharging.

I would still recommend using 24 volt LiFePO4 batteries for a 24 volt system.

Update on the DC House batteries.

I have a pair of 12 volt Batteries in series for small 24 volt system. I put a light load on them for a couple of days, during the day, and let them sit over night ... similar to how they will likely get used around here ... and they stayed balanced. After a couple of days I put a heavier load on them until the inverter shut down due to low voltage. IF the BMSs cut off I didn't catch it. Batteries were still balanced. Turned on the IP22 charger and walked away, checking voltages every hour or so. I measured right at 105Ah charge back into the batteries and they seem to stay within .02 volts of each other whether charging or discharging.

I would still recommend using 24 volt LiFePO4 batteries for a 24 volt system.
I have 3 of the DC House batteries. After I top balanced them I tested the BMS's. All three disconnected at between 14.6 and 14.7. During the discharge tests all three disconnected at below 10 volts with the lowest at 9.31 volts. To be fair I tested voltage on them after an hour and they were all over 10 volts.

Back