diy solar

diy solar

DC solar trailer - forklift BATTERY CELL EXPLODED!

@Hedges mentioned the charge rate of .13 C20. If the batteries are 480 ah, that’s 62.4 amps. If it is

You mentioned the generator charging at 5000 watts, which could exceed .13 c20 charge rate on a single cell.

It’s possible with two batteries, the charger and the solar, the max charge rate was exceeded.

Just to follow up, a conclusion, or a postscript. I had a gentleman come out whose apparently pretty knowledgeable about the DC solar trailers. Very long story short The cell that exploded took out three surrounding cells around it. Those have now been replaced and everything seems and appears to be working as it should.

Just to follow up, a conclusion, or a postscript. I had a gentleman come out whose apparently pretty knowledgeable about the DC solar trailers. Very long story short The cell that exploded took out three surrounding cells around it. Those have now been replaced and everything seems and appears to be working as it should.
Good news.

Ask that guy a bunch of questions..

Could you share with us what a repair like that roughly costs ?
*update* Oh ! and some pictures please!
My 2 batteries are shot. I don't think it is worth while to have them made over.
I don't know a company in my area that would be capable of doing anything with those huge batteries on my DC-solar trailer

Last edited:
Back