diy solar

diy solar

Noob Question: midnight classic reading battery over v

Dude77

Hello folks, some here we're kind enough to help me last summer and then I promptly forgot about this website unfortunately like a dork.

DC solar trailer with two GNB 48 volt forklift batteries, 250 midnight classic controller is reading battery over v.....? When attempting to charge up battery using auxiliary gas powered generator. Never had this reading until recently.

Okay so I'm just stupid enough to know that that means battery over voltage... But what does that actually mean! Lol. I shut down the generator immediately. Message went away in about 10 minutes, I gave it about 2 hours and restarted the generator. It took about 45 minutes and it was reading battery over v again.

I managed to overlook some needed battery maintenance and added distilled water with my Sunny island SMAs Reading the charge at about 40% on the BatSoc and 48.5 volts before I put the water in.

The first time the message came on the voltage was reading 60.1 v which is where it has been many times before in charging or recharging the batteries, but never got this message. After the generator shut down and 2-hour break The second time the message appeared it was reading 59.9

Is there anyone in the San Francisco North Bay area that actually services DC solar trailers? Mobile mechanic? Most every place I call still says no....

Back