diy solar

diy solar

DC to DC power supply for Orange Pi 3 LTS

mgdean

I had a Orange PI, so I just needed the software. Now I really like the idea of using my battery bank as the power source for the Solar assistant. I looked at the solar assistant web site but the shipping is $50 bucks to get it to the states. Wanted to see if anyone knew of a good sable DC to DC power supply in the states.

I sprung for the converter from SA when I purchased my bundle and it's working great. PI's are supposed to be picky about power quality.

I used "XWST" brand DC-DC converters from Amazon to power my Tigo CCA and the 22" monitor with no issue but after looking at the reviews of their 5V stuff I would stay away (at least for a PI):

Maybe one of these?

I had a Orange PI, so I just needed the software. Now I really like the idea of using my battery bank as the power source for the Solar assistant. I looked at the solar assistant web site but the shipping is $50 bucks to get it to the states. Wanted to see if anyone knew of a good sable DC to DC power supply in the states.
I bought one off Amazon. But don't forget to adjust the voltage like I did not do and burnt the pi up.

Back