diy solar

diy solar

dcbel - new smart home energy system

Assuming it actually comes to market, the web materials make multiple references to "your customers," so it really sounds like they're planning to target installers before the consumer. It's interesting for sure.

From their website:

"Become an dcbel™ Partner​

We are always keen on connecting with other industry experts! We encourage you to reach out if you are interested in our SHIP program or are a Utility, EV manufacturer, home builder, residential solar & storage installer, or simply want to know more about partnering with dcbel™. "

Yes, I think you're right. They're all about looking for partners at this point.
I see also that they're planning to start offering installations in California this fall. The company is actually based here in Montreal Canada, (a coincidence - I have no connection to the company) but that's the market they're targeting to start with.

Interesting, indeed! I like the concept.

Given that California likely has the most solar and the most EVs in any North American region, it's probably the best place to start.

I will keep my eyes out. I agree with @snoobler , California is a good place to start. Using the same marketing terms as dcbel does, I could describe California as being at the "nexus" of lots of installed solar, lots of EVs, high energy rates and a failing grid.

Given that dcbel is based in Montréal, New York State is a more obvious first step into the U.S. market than California on the other side of the continent. Indeed, on November 30th dcbel announced what appears to be its first US installer partnership with an installer based in the Hudson Valley. On its website, the installer says that it conducts business in the Valley and in upper New York State. For reference, upper New York State borders Québec, and New York City is 350mi from Montréal.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 1.57.34 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Back