diy solar

diy solar

Decent values for growatt spf 5000 es

JOVO

Hello,need some input.

Europe 230V 50hz.
Average load is about 800watt /hour.

System: 10X jasolar panels 425watt, Growatt spf 5000 es , two 5kw felicity solar battery LPBA48100-OL.

My values :
01___ sbu
05___LI
36___04 (bms protocol)
12___??? % ( here the problem i cant change the values, i plan like 20%, but it switches back to 90% when exiting the program mode)
13___??? % ( here the problem i cant change the values, i plan like 25% but it switches back to 50% when exiting the program mode)
21___??? V (low cutoff voltage) here i plan like 43V
I am lost, so does a user know what values are decent , not stressing batteries too much.
Thanks for help.

If you're using LI for setting 05, many of the other settings will be defined by the BMS configuration, not the Growatt. You'll need to adjust the BMS so the Growatt knows what these thresholds are.

best way is to go with a BMS with CAN commuication. you at least use RS485 as I see from parameter 36. most of the settings are managed in that case by the bms and manufacturer sets the batteries up to work perfectly for longer period of times. P12 is the setting when the inverter switches back to grid in SBU P13 is the parameter when the inverter changes back to battery. so I use P12=20%; P13=25% P21=15%

Hi thx to all for that input. I use the felicity battery bms protokol. It seem to work fine.
But i wonder: my batteries ate most of the time charged up to 100% 54.7V. Is that right though.?

"ate"? depends on your battery setup. The BMS should have the manufacturer settings and these settings provide basic information to the inverter about voltage, current, power etc.

Back