diy solar

diy solar

Deciding to DIY my solar battery was one of my worst mistakes ever

You could do that.
Or buy more battery 😆
You had me spitballing an idea to save some money but I think I’ll stick with 2/0 from battery to bus lol
4/0 from bus to inverter

You had me spitballing an idea to save some money but I think I’ll stick with 2/0 from battery to bus lol
4/0 from bus to inverter
2/0 from battery to busbar? How big is your inverter and how many ah of batteries are you planning?

I'm old enough to remember punch cards and being so excited to get an 80 column graphics card.
But all this talk of remembering back about building computers does remind me of the classic Monty Python skit about "back in our day" (which I am so guilty of).
Oh how times have changed. My kids equivalent to "when dinosaurs roamed..." is "the olden times like when phones were stuck to the wall."

Back on topic. For me, I really enjoy the discovery and tinkering of DIY.
Luxury. They were lucky!

4-15kwh batteries each with 200ah BMS
10kwh inverter
Each battery has a disconnect so I can run max or close to max output from a single battery if required
Ok I don't see a world where you have 4 batteries but switch down to only one but if that's a possibility then it is what it is and you size your wire accordingly.

Ok I don't see a world where you have 4 batteries but switch down to only one but if that's a possibility then it is what it is and you size your wire accordingly.
Oh I sure hope I don’t encounter a situation that would leave me down to one, but if there is…..!

Back