diy solar

diy solar

Delay adjustment for Growatt grid-tie inverter?

We rarely have outages that last anytime. We had one last night (for about 3 hours) and I expect the system should shut down if the outage is any more than a blip, just to protect the guys working on the outage.
I seriously doubt the linemen even know of blips on our system.

I'll try to look up the shine tools app.
You have to use the shine tools app to commission the inverter, did someone else commission it?
Attached are the settings for voltage and time delay in the app. This is what they should be and were out-of-the-box for me. If whoever commissioned it did not check, have them do so.

Attachments

• 7A6FB55F-B3F7-41F1-A158-5A5ABAA4EA71.png
    7A6FB55F-B3F7-41F1-A158-5A5ABAA4EA71.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 4
You have to use the shine tools app to commission the inverter, did someone else commission it?
Attached are the settings for voltage and time delay in the app. This is what they should be and were out-of-the-box for me. If whoever commissioned it did not check, have them do so.
It has not been commissioned yet. Just thinking ahead.
I will be the commissioner.
Thanks for the info.

If you have a problems I recommend calling the tech support, 1(866)686-0298. They are American based, at least on weekdays. And they are really good. I keep getting one that use to work at Schneider and he really knows a lot.

The growatt is really good about allowing such adjustments. For example I have mine set to reconnect after 30 seconds, instead of 5 minutes, and iirc there is a setting that allows you to ride through a blip. I'll check the setting later today.

Edit: looked through the settings and I don't see one for adjusting shutoff time after grid disconnect

Last edited:
Back