diy solar

diy solar

Dented LiFePO4

TheModfatherInc

I received my first set of 4 280Ah EVE cells and 3 have the sides dented in slightly as seen in the first image. One is fine on both sides as seen in the second image. Is this anything to be concerned about? It doesn't appear to be impact damage but almost from squeezing them too tightly when moving. I feel like its probably not a big deal but was hoping for the input of you more knowledgeable folks. Thanks.
IMG_0329.jpgIMG_0331.jpg

That is normal, not dented, the aluminium is soft, almost pop-can soft and is somewhat flexible because the cells expand & contract during charge & discharge and with Temps. Slight undulations like this are fine.

That is normal, not dented, the aluminium is soft, almost pop-can soft and is somewhat flexible because the cells expand & contract during charge & discharge and with Temps. Slight undulations like this are fine.
Awesome this was the exact response I was hoping for! I appreciate it. Cant be too careful when it comes to lithium batteries. In case anyone was curious these cells are from Shenzhen BASEN 478 with shipping

Back