diy solar

diy solar

Deye: PE and case Grounding

burgerking

A few days ago, I got a jolt when I tried attaching a Temperature Probe onto the heatsink. I realized the case GND connection corroded resulting in ~40VAC case/heatsink to floor/wall. So I want to redo case grounding.

Q1: For this Deye's case grounding purpose, can I use a solid #14 wire? Or must it be same size as L1, L2 wire?

On this photo, I measured that these PE terminals inside the inverter have zero resistance to case and heatsink.
1659069384122.png
Because of previous corrosion experience, I thought of using these for grounding.
Q2: Is this allowed/safe? or is Grounding can only be done on the case?

Last edited:
A few days ago, I got a jolt when I tried attaching a Temperature Probe onto the heatsink. I realized the case GND connection corroded resulting in ~40VAC case/heatsink to floor/wall. So I want to redo case grounding.

Q1: For this Deye's case grounding purpose, can I use a solid #14 wire? Or must it be same size as L1, L2 wire?

On this photo, I measured that these PE terminals inside the inverter have zero resistance to case and heatsink.
View attachment 104552
Because of previous corrosion experience, I thought of using these for grounding.
Q2: Is this allowed/safe? or is Grounding can only be done on the case?

PE should be never interrupted so I think they are all the time connected to each other and to the case.
So you could connect the PE to all of them if you like.
For GRID PE it should be connected always (first thing to do).
Also use ferrules.

PE should be never interrupted so I think they are all the time connected to each other and to the case.
So you could connect the PE to all of them if you like.
For GRID PE it should be connected always (first thing to do).
Also use ferrules.
I know it's been a while, but where am I supposed to get PE for GRID if only two wires are coming into my house (L-N) from service?

I know it's been a while, but where am I supposed to get PE for GRID if only two wires are coming into my house (L-N) from service?
I think you get L and PEN (PE + N together) from grid (TN-C).
You need to separate the PEN (TN-C-S).

So PEN to PE busbar. Connect local grounding rod to this busbar too.
A different N busbar ... connect PE busbar to it. It is "the bond".

From here you have a different PE and N ... connect cables to it. (also RCD or RCBO is highly suggested)

Back