diy solar

diy solar

Discussion of cells with diy battery bank

The 18650batterystore LF304's ($149) are currently slightly cheaper than the LF280K's ($139) per wh. Maybe because they're a new product for them. And they are trying to draw attention to them. It got my attention. lol
If the pricing stays the same. They will be my next cell purchase.

Edit: just noticed that the cycle life is only 4k on the 304's. Versus 6k for the 280's. Probably due to cramming more into the same physical size.
Maybe I will stick with the 280's.

Last edited:
The 18650batterystore LF304's ($149) are currently slightly cheaper than the LF280K's ($139) per wh. Maybe because they're a new product for them. And they are trying to draw attention to them. It got my attention. lol

Edit: just noticed that the cycle life is only 4k on the 304's. Versus 6k for the 280's. Probably due to cramming more into the same physical size.
The 280s have a volume discount though which makes them cheaper per/Wh

The 304's I have do maintain better balance than the 280K's I have (single stud from Amy at Luyan).

The 304's I have do maintain better balance than the 280K's I have (single stud from Amy at Luyan).
No issues with balancing, here.
But I'm not interested in the 2k less cycle life (according to 18650batterystore).

Lol..
Lf304 and 280k have the exact same life cycle, it using same test method :)

I'll be sticking to my 304's ( except my little envision experiment)
Maybe you are thinking about the LF280N and LF280K that had different cycle life but they changed the parameters? Otherwise the spec sheet does show the 304's have lower cycle life then the 280K using same testing procedure.

Yeah.. funny how this new one show .5 c for both, while the earlier showed 4000 at 1c
This is after the 280k showed to be a total shitshow in capacity..

Yeah, I'll stick with my 304's..
Even at 4000 cycles, in my case it will be well over 17 years..

I think by that time sodium or other Chems will have the edge
I'm not concerned with the 304's I have. Never a heavy charge/discharge, very rare to discharge below 50%. One advantage of larger battery banks.

Yeah.. funny how this new one show .5 c for both, while the earlier showed 4000 at 1c
This is after the 280k showed to be a total shitshow in capacity..

Yes, the 280K's I have all tested below rated capacity while the 304's were above rated capacity.
Yeah, I'll stick with my 304's..
Even at 4000 cycles, in my case it will be well over 17 years..

I think by that time sodium or other Chems will have the edge

;)

I'm dying here, that is one funny comment.

I know I'm not anywhere near 0.5C at any time either. I'm of the opinion the manufacturer specified the fixture in the spec sheet so I go by the spec sheet.
These are designed for EV's. Solar storage doesn't push them anywhere near half the expected loads. My system doesn't even come close to 10% of it.

the cheapest cell on the market is the 280ah, big announcement coming this week

As long as you guys don't release a "server rack 280" should be good, why anyone thinks they should be racking a 300LB battery is beyond me, all those years dealing poweredge 720... meh...

diy solar

diy solar
Back