diy solar

diy solar

DIY 280Amp LifePo4 With BMS voltage problem.

Why don't you recommend it?
Why doesn't the early adopter recommend it?

Two BMS on one battery requires special configuration. Only one BMS can be configured to balance. The state of charge as reported by each BMS is never right. It's a short term workaround.

For why the early adopter changed, I would have to find his thread. I think he finally saw the light.

Some people say? No names no links, and everybody is suppose to believe somebody's word? Sounds like somebody's news source.

Two BMS on one battery requires special configuration. Only one BMS can be configured to balance.
Agree but that is easily solvable with configuration.
The state of charge as reported by each BMS is never right.
Agree, the OP should have discrete current accounting which will be more cash.
By the time the OP pops for 2 smart BMSs and a battery monitor he would be well on the way to the price of a dc2dc charger.
Which is what I would suggest in the first place.

@HRTKD thanks for bringing the reason to back the opinion.

a 50 Amp dc to dc cost $150 more than 2 BMS's which allow 280 Amps.
Yes but they will charge the batteries with the correct voltage, how are you going to control the charging? Just push 280amps @ 14.6 until they are full and then what just keep charging?

Yes but they will charge the batteries with the correct voltage, how are you going to control the charging? Just push 280amps until they are full and then what just keep charging?
Also the recommended max recommended charge current for the big blue prismatics is .5c(140 amps).
Plus charge termination is a "good thing"TM.

If that's true then I'm back to modifying the Balmer (if i have one or a smaller alternator.

If that's true then I'm back to modifying the Balmer (if i have one or a smaller alternator.

I would have to short the BMS C- and B- to find out but then the charge voltage will be 14.8v. Which is what the alternator puts out.

Actually its says max charge current is 1c.

I would have to short the BMS C- and B- to find out but then the charge voltage will be 14.8v. Which is what the alternator puts out.
That is too high.
14.6 is the max for 4s LFP.
14.2 is my preference for a diy pack.

I bought them In Aug
Supplier name LiitokalaVariCoreFlagship Store 4PCS VariCore 3.2V 280Ah lifepo4 battery DIY 12V 280AH

Back