diy solar

diy solar

DIY 57kwh 48v EVE280k build

Very good questions. The short answer is that they just do. The general population is ignorant and disorganized, and there is no force pushing for the regulations that are good for the majority of people instead of a very rich powerful few.
These mandates are not based on logic or efficiency, like all the policies they push they have nice titles but dont have anything to do with what is good for people.

I could go for a while telling the tale of privatizations, on how in the 90's the electric grid and powerplants in the country, all public, were sold to corporations that now extort everybody for 50 cent a kwh even if a third of the electricity comes from renewables from infrastructure built with public funds, and is not coincidence that the presidents that pushed these policies after their time in power went to work for the energy companies as 'consultants' for a 700k bucks a year.

And how do we put up with this shit? We just do for now, like with all the other bullshit.
Seems the same story every where in Europe..
Here they are try to change that limit from 20 to 8...
Power-co lobby galore

Seems the same story every where in Europe..
Here they are try to change that limit from 20 to 8...
Power-co lobby galore
Not here. PoCos are forced to make things as easy as possible for people with solar/wind. Up to 100kWp. I think there's no limit for off-grid people.
Few years ago I needed bigger utility connection so they needed to upgrade my transformer. No additional fees for me just bigger monthly fee to go with bigger connection which is the same for everyone.

It depends on how much freedom you want.
Personally, I don't want to ever worry about power anymore. Luckily, this is under my control now.
I recently went through 11 days of sub optimal conditions. And happily, came through without issue.
What level of freedom one wants. Is completely different from another's.
Everyone has to decide for themselves.
Excellent. I hope to be there some day.

Not here. PoCos are forced to make things as easy as possible for people with solar/wind. Up to 100kWp. I think there's no limit for off-grid people.
Few years ago I needed bigger utility connection so they needed to upgrade my transformer. No additional fees for me just bigger monthly fee to go with bigger connection which is the same for everyone.
Yep Scandinavian countries are always the (positive) EU exception ;)

If you are back feeding the grid then you can go have more than 20kwp but is illegal for you to diy it, you have to get a company to do it and you dont want to know how hard are those heads and the astronomical figures they ask.

My guess is that is just another method of control, make sure nobody gets too independent and that they control all the energy. They want you to go feed the grid so they can get 7-8 kwh from you and give 1 kwh back, and overall to clamp down solar energy develpment in favor of fossil fuels that are own by the very rich and powerful.
Yeah, it's this sorta sh*t that makes me want to move into the middle of nowhere and go fully off grid!

If only there was a way to store those 25Mw a 20kwp system produces in a year.... But a man can dream... a man can dream...

Do you think you'll expand your vertical string to max out at 100kWp? Or good for now?

Do you think you'll expand your vertical string to max out at 100kWp? Or good for now?
Well, PVWatts predicts only 424kWh for December production with my current setup. My December consumption is usually 4-6MWh depending how cold it is, so doubling my current setup won't do much for me. Also it seems that in summer there's enough production already to cover my use. Selling the excess in summer is not that important as selling rates are usually really low. In winter I can grid charge my batts with low rates and sell with some decent profit.

I am planning to get 10kWp more bifacials with seasonally adjustable azimuth and maybe even tilt as I have unused capacity left in my inverters and underground cables.

Well, PVWatts predicts only 424kWh for December production with my current setup. My December consumption is usually 4-6MWh depending how cold it is, so doubling my current setup won't do much for me. Also it seems that in summer there's enough production already to cover my use. Selling the excess in summer is not that important as selling rates are usually really low. In winter I can grid charge my batts with low rates and sell with some decent profit.

I am planning to get 10kWp more bifacials with seasonally adjustable azimuth and maybe even tilt as I have unused capacity left in my inverters and underground cables.
More PV…Yay!

Back