diy solar

diy solar

DIY bus bar fuse holder and battery switch?

pda1

This looked pretty good but then Nate says, "no longer recommended"....but should use Victron Lynx Distributor. $225

Take a look at this-

Build DIY Bus bar

It sure would be nice to have a clean and neat bus/fuse system.

What do you think?

Thanks

I didn't find where the plastic parts came from, but I'm assuming they are made from fuse holders. I did see the comment on them heating up, and that would be my primary concern. The plastic didn't look very high-quality to me, and if a connection starts to heat up due to a not quite perfect connection, and that starts to soften the plastic, it's going to make the connection worse, which is likely to snowball.

The plastic should only be acting as a stiffener, so there's not need to put plastic between any of the metal parts. If I were doing that, I would just bolt it all together, metal to metal, and 3D print a frame to go under it / over it. If you imagine the bolt heads on the bottom fitting into holes in a solid plastic base, and then some screw clips holding it in place, that's all you really need.

The fuse holders were Blue Sea

Blue Sea anl fuse holder

It's all rather impressive, but, like you said, heat could and will be a problem. I wonder how Victron Lynx Distributor solved the problem?

The original ANL fuses and fuse holders shown in the video do not appear to be Blue Sea products (I could be wrong). He edited his comments by recommending Blue Sea Fuse Holders & Blue Sea ANL Fuses if one wanted to DIY build.

I wonder if the individual parts added up would be almost as expensive as the Victron Lynx Distributor.

Interesting. I'm considering something very similar for paralleling 3 diy 48v packs using Midnite Solar MNEDC100's and some copper stock.

Back