diy solar

diy solar

DIY Portable Power Station w/ MPPT

Do you open it up so the inverter and mppt can breathe when running?
Good eye. I'm going to watch it with the victron software with a cutoff temp, and see if it needs breathability. I have two other generators in Ryobi Link boxes, one with dual 120mm 12v fans pushing and pulling with a temp start/cutoff, and one without. The one without, has not needed airflow with a 2k watt Roarbatt inverter and a 12v, 100ah LiFePo4 battery when used for short use, which it's pretty much made for, as is this one. The one with the fans is the one that is charged by 900 watts of panels on my tool shed, and has a 1.3kW, 168 x 18650 battery box. That one powers my home office throughout the day, and is outside in the Texas heat all summer.

Last edited:
Good eye. I'm going to watch it with the victron software with a cutoff temp, and see if it needs breathability. I have two other generators in Ryobi Link boxes, one with dual 120mm 12v fans pushing and pulling with a temp start/cutoff, and one without. The one without, has not needed airflow with a 2k watt Roarbatt inverter and a 12v, 100ah LiFePo4 battery. when used for short use, which it's pretty much made for, as is this one. The one with the fans is the one that is charged by 900watts of panels on my tool shed, and has a 1.3kW, 168 x 18650 battery box. That one powers my home office throughout the day, and is outside in the Texas heat all summer.
I wouldn't leave the inverter sealed up like that it's got a fan and can move a fair bit of heat at load. It should turn itself off once it reaches over temp threshold so no permanent damage but why risk it?

Back