diy solar

diy solar

DIY Pytes + 6500EX split phase wiring configuration questions

PNW_Solar_Guy

I'm still fairly new to most things solar, including wiring batteries. So I'm looking for some advice on the most appropriate wiring configuration for our off-grid setup.

I purchased (5) 5.12kWh Pytes E-BOX-48100R server rack batteries several months ago and am now ready to install them into our system. The setup we bought included the following:

• (5) 5.12kWh Pytes E-BOX-48100R server rack batteries
  • (5) pairs of 6" battery to battery 4AWG cables (one red, one black)
  • (2) pairs of 72" 4AWG cables (one side is quick connect, other side is lug crimped)
  • Communication cables to connect to each battery, and earthing cables for grounding
I also purchased two 6500EX inverters and have them connected for split phase output (so we have 240v to power our well pump, and other bigger loads when needed).

Here is my question. When I purchased the 5 batteries, I was shown this image of a wiring configuration, which uses the short jumper cables that were included in my purchase, to wire the 5 batteries to each other. The image also shows the longer 6' cables being routed off of the first and last battery in the bank, which I believe goes to the inverter(s) in this system. I've tried reaching out to the supplier but I am not getting an answer to my question unfortunately, about what the rest of the wiring needs to look like to hook up to the 2 6500EX inverters.

Has anyone else wired up 5 server rack batteries to 2 6500EX inverters before, and would you mind sharing the correct way to do this?

Also, I have a server rack, but it doesn't have bus bars on each side of it (for positive and negative), which I didn't think I would need, because the batteries come with the short jumper cables to hook to each other.

I've attached the image that was provided to me below for reference.

Thanks in advance everyone. Hoping to get this sorted out soon so I can hook up to run the well pump.

Attachments

• 48100R project from our customer 2.jpg
    48100R project from our customer 2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 10
Search for Adam De Lay on YouTube. He has videos of the same inverters.

The two longer cables will go to two separate bus bars and from there, split into two other cables (two from each separate bus bar) up to the inverters.

Back