diy solar

diy solar

Solark with Pytes v5 battery - how to attach victron lynx power in

BlueMarblePA

Solar Enthusiast
I am planning to buy four pytes v5 batteries to add to my solark 15k during the black Friday deals. They do not have a server rack, but I am thinking of just buying a server rack and putting the batteries inside.

My question has to do with how to wire the lynx power in.

I am planning for double 4/0 black and red from the solark (20 feet each) to give my flexibility with placement of battery bank. I worry about having to move the batteries periodically because of location and access.

I also plan to run two 48v batteries in parallel with two more 48v batteries (100ah each).

I have seen linear bus bars on the sides of the server rack in front of the batteries with the positive on one side and the negative on the other side. I have also seen them then covered by the raceway.

How would I physically arrange the victron lynx power in? Just trying to wrap my mind around this. 20231112_065428.jpg

With the pytes v5 battery if you get the model that has the bus bar included, your best option would be to stack all four batteries in arack, parallel them with the included 300amp busbar and run a pair of wires for each of the positive and negative. Have one polarity on the top battery and the other on the bottom battery. You will want to cut an opening in the server rack for conduit for the run to that wireway.

If you want to use a busbar I would make sure in is inside an enclosure like the big wire way below the sol-ark, I would recomend a pair of the bluesea busbars for wiring and placement flexability.

With the pytes v5 battery if you get the model that has the bus bar included, your best option would be to stack all four batteries in arack, parallel them with the included 300amp busbar and run a pair of wires for each of the positive and negative. Have one polarity on the top battery and the other on the bottom battery. You will want to cut an opening in the server rack for conduit for the run to that wireway.

If you want to use a busbar I would make sure in is inside an enclosure like the big wire way below the sol-ark, I would recomend a pair of the bluesea busbars for wiring and placement flexability.
Thank you. I think I am realizing that the Victron Lynx In will not really work for my situation. I think I will have to create a bus bar inside the 18U server rack that I am looking at second hand. I think the bluesea busbars is starting to make more sense. I like the integrated look of the Victron product, but it doesn't really work.

I am planning to buy four pytes v5 batteries to add to my solark 15k during the black Friday deals. They do not have a server rack, but I am thinking of just buying a server rack and putting the batteries inside.

I am planning for double 4/0 black and red from the solark (20 feet each) to give my flexibility with placement of battery bank. I worry about having to move the batteries periodically because of location and access.

I also plan to run two 48v batteries in parallel with two more 48v batteries (100ah each).

I have seen linear bus bars on the sides of the server rack in front of the batteries with the positive on one side and the negative on the other side. I have also seen them then covered by the raceway.

How would I physically arrange the victron lynx power in? Just trying to wrap my mind around this. View attachment 177975
> tennis court lighting

nice ?

I’m using Lynx power in as a bus bar connection for batteries.

20 feet is alot of conductor.

Are you trying to stay energized while moving the battery ?

I think you should have a really good reason for that if so.

Otherwise shortest length conductor to put it where you want now.

Buy the extra conductor and hang it on the wall for if and when you relocate the battery further away.

Could use the extra cable like the character in that movie the accountant so it isn't a waste.

Connect the Solark to the battery pack using two double-ended 4/0 black and red cables, making sure that the cables are long enough to handle possible battery pack movement. Consider using connectors or terminals to make it easier to connect the cables to the battery pack. Mount the Lynx Power In in the appropriate location based on the design of the rack. When connecting cables to the Lynx Power In, ensure that the positive and negative terminals are properly distinguished. If the server rack has a linear busbar, you can connect the positive and negative terminals of the Lynx Power In to their respective locations on the busbar. Ensure that the connections are secure and covered with the necessary insulation and raceways for added safety.

20 feet is alot of conductor.

Are you trying to stay energized while moving the battery ?

I think you should have a really good reason for that if so.

Otherwise shortest length conductor to put it where you want now.

Buy the extra conductor and hang it on the wall for if and when you relocate the battery further away.

Could use the extra cable like the character in that movie the accountant so it isn't a waste.
It is about five feet of 4/0 to get to the wall from inverter through the wire way. Then another five approximately tothe 18U server rack where I am going to house four Pytes v5 batteries and the Lynx power in.

But... I am thinking I want to move the batteries a little bit away from the natural gas boiler (blue) and thus I am trying to get it as far as possible - - 20ft maximum as per solark.

I don't really use the electric fireplace on the other side of that wall, so I am not worried about that as a heat source.

This utility room is always 10 deg Fahrenheit hotter than basement, but not much I can do about it. I have hydronic heating system

Attachments

• 20231207_183652.jpg
    20231207_183652.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20231207_183704.jpg
    20231207_183704.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20231207_183737.jpg
    20231207_183737.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20231207_183830.jpg
    20231207_183830.jpg