diy solar

diy solar

DIY seplos - sunsynk - LFP powerwall

batterydoctor

Hi guys, I'm going to build a powerwall with the objective to charge during cheap hours, and discharge/use during expensive hours. Don't know about other countries but in the Netherlands we have energy suppliers that have variable pricing. In the weekends and on sunny afternoons energy is almost free, and at peak times it can be >EUR0,50/kWh. Because energy pricing is going crazy now I'd like to benefit from this difference, it seems its more cost effective then having solar panels.

Did some research, also on this forum and the setup which I think makes sense is the following:

• Sunsynk - deye hybrid inverter 1 phase 5kW. It seems it can (dis)charge the battery at programmed times and doesnt necessarily need PV panels connected.
  • Seplos BMS which according to their website communicates properly with the deye using CAN
  • LFP cells, sizes to be determined. Thinking 500Ah - 51.2V which is 25kWh. Maybe start smaller to test first, and expand later.
I will start working on it and update regularly. Feel free to comment/add/shoot!

More thinking and searching: better to have a 3 phase inverter. I have a 3x25A main fuse at my house and am using an electric car. So 25A 1 phase will trip that likely. Better have 3x 16A for the inverter. And I wont use the charging of the car at the same time as using the inverter.

Checking the Seplos Mason 280Ah kit. For that money its difficult to design and build something myself. Good news is: easy project. Bad news: nothing to tinker with :) seplos mason

Hi guys, I'm going to build a powerwall with the objective to charge during cheap hours, and discharge/use during expensive hours. Don't know about other countries but in the Netherlands we have energy suppliers that have variable pricing. In the weekends and on sunny afternoons energy is almost free, and at peak times it can be >EUR0,50/kWh. Because energy pricing is going crazy now I'd like to benefit from this difference, it seems its more cost effective then having solar panels.

Did some research, also on this forum and the setup which I think makes sense is the following:

• Sunsynk - deye hybrid inverter 1 phase 5kW. It seems it can (dis)charge the battery at programmed times and doesnt necessarily need PV panels connected.
  • Seplos BMS which according to their website communicates properly with the deye using CAN
  • LFP cells, sizes to be determined. Thinking 500Ah - 51.2V which is 25kWh. Maybe start smaller to test first, and expand later.
I will start working on it and update regularly. Feel free to comment/add/shoot!
Hi.. I'm in UK and have ordered my 304ah cells and seplos diy kit with bms. I can't find any information about running seplos with sunsync inverter. I to am focusing on battery and inverter first. Makes sense if charge on cheap tariff and use battery when expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi.. I'm in UK and have ordered my 304ah cells and seplos diy kit with bms. I can't find any information about running seplos with sunsync inverter. I to am focusing on battery and inverter first. Makes sense if charge on cheap tariff and use battery when expensive. Any help would be appreciated.
look at deye and seplos, basically the same inverters

I dont know yet if it actually is going to work :) Inverter is mounted in the garage, connected to the grid and I'm waiting for the seplos stuff to arrive. Should be end of december. Here is the kit I bought 2 pieces of: seplos diy kit 280Ah

If you scroll down in this page they also are compatible with the deye unit. Deye & sunsynk are the same inverters, sunsynk is a brand from Deye.

I use the solar-assistant software to remote read and set the inverter. This can also be linked to the home assistant automation software in which you can automate function based on prices. I'm working on that and the basis seems functional, I can only verify once I have the battery.

I dont know yet if it actually is going to work :) Inverter is mounted in the garage, connected to the grid and I'm waiting for the seplos stuff to arrive. Should be end of december. Here is the kit I bought 2 pieces of: seplos diy kit 280Ah

If you scroll down in this page they also are compatible with the deye unit. Deye & sunsynk are the same inverters, sunsynk is a brand from Deye.

I use the solar-assistant software to remote read and set the inverter. This can also be linked to the home assistant automation software in which you can automate function based on prices. I'm working on that and the basis seems functional, I can only verify once I have the battery.
just be sure that you contact seplos support ( at least for the "older" 10c version of the bms) , and ask them for the deye firmware

Hi how did you get on with Seplos and Sunsynk......I am embarking on same setup.....I am anxious to get communication between BMS and Sunsynk... I have new bluethooth Seplos 200A BMS....hope you can let me know.

I see several posts a while ago about proposed setups using SunSync hybrid inverters and the Seplos Mason batteries. I too am looking at a non solar system with a 5.5kW inverter and 14kWh / 270Ah battery pack.
Has anyone got these two units to talk to each other?

I see several posts a while ago about proposed setups using SunSync hybrid inverters and the Seplos Mason batteries. I too am looking at a non solar system with a 5.5kW inverter and 14kWh / 270Ah battery pack.
Has anyone got these two units to talk to each other?
Yes sir, there are a few here, amongst me.
I do run the 2* 12k 3 fase

Did you get rid of your Voltronic setup?
I did..

Wanted the extra bells and whistles, and net meter so energy I couldn't use at least would be send back to the grid

Or I should say. 2 of the 3 8000 maxes I had have found a net home at some less fortunate friends of ours that needed some help..
1 of them stayed here and is loved as a "save my ass when shit really hits the fan" back up.

Did take some getting used to after 10 odd years running voltronics

Back