diy solar

diy solar

Do anybody know this Cllena power outlet? Does it make sense?

JanC

Hi, I found this on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-Cigar...=cllena+dc+outlet&qid=1672428317&sr=8-18&th=1

I plan to connect it to my 24 volt battery bank through a Blue Sea fuse block, and then power some appliances that are only for 12v DC. I was thinking I need to buy a step-down DC converter, but if I understand it correctly, this item I send a link to is supposed to be a converter as well as an outlet. Two in one.

It sounds weird for me, because the same exact brand sells a step down converter 24v to 12v DC without the sockets and on/off switch for 21 $ - https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-Conve...=cllena+24+to+12+step+dow,aps,239&sr=8-3&th=1

So do you think I can buy the first one and use it safely with 12v appliances connected to a 24v battery bank?

Jan

So do you think I can buy the first one and use it safely with 12v appliances connected to a 24v battery bank?
No.

1) There is a good chance the 24V will blow out the led in the switch.
2) The voltage in the sockets is going to be the same as the input voltage. Unless the DC device is designed to handle 12 or 24V, it will burn out the device.

No.

1) There is a good chance the 24V will blow out the led in the switch.
2) The voltage in the sockets is going to be the same as the input voltage. Unless the DC device is designed to handle 12 or 24V, it will burn out the device.
Do you have any recommendation for a reliable DC outlet I can use with 24 volt battery bank?

Do you have any recommendation for a reliable DC outlet I can use with 24 volt battery bank?
I don't know of one that also does 24-12V buck. You will probably need both a buck converter and a outlet.

I don't know of one that also does 24-12V buck. You will probably need both a buck converter and a outlet.
but most of my appliances are suited for 12/24v. It's only the kettle that can only handle 12 volts. So I'm planning to buy one outlet like I sent here with more sockets, that I will connect straight to the 24v battery. I will use it for laptop, phones, hotspot router, flashlight etc. So that's why I asked if you know of any good outlet that handles 24 volts well. Because you said this one might blow out the led light.

but most of my appliances are suited for 12/24v. It's only the kettle that can only handle 12 volts. So I'm planning to buy one outlet like I sent here with more sockets, that I will connect straight to the 24v battery. I will use it for laptop, phones, hotspot router, flashlight etc. So that's why I asked if you know of any good outlet that handles 24 volts well. Because you said this one might blow out the led light.
OK..... I may have not been as precise as I should have been in my wording. Please forgive me for any confusion I have caused.

The socket listed will probably work fine for devices that can handle 24V. If the LED system is designed to take 12 or 24V, it should work fine. However, I would not use 24V on any device that does not specifically say it can work with 24V.

Note: The socket is only intended for 12V and technically should only be used for what it is intended for. However, I see no reason it would not work just fine for 24V.

OK..... I may have not been as precise as I should have been in my wording. Please forgive me for any confusion I have caused.

The socket listed will probably work fine for devices that can handle 24V. If the LED system is designed to take 12 or 24V, it should work fine. However, I would not use 24V on any device that does not specifically say it can work with 24V.

Note: The socket is only intended for 12V and technically should only be used for what it is intended for. However, I see no reason it would not work just fine for 24V.
okay, thanks for clarifying. One more question - do I have to check the phones manuals or the laptop, or the router whether it can be charged on 24v socket? I thought the only thing to check is the charger with the cable. For example I have 2 phone chargers that are both suited for 12/24v. I also have a lenovo laptop DC charger that is 12/24v as well. So correct me please if I'm wrong on this - If the charger is suited for 24v I can charge anything that fits to the port right? I used to do this in the car anyway with appliances that came with an AC charger. I charge a flashlight like this as well as the hotspot router. Do you think it still might be a problem with 24v with these appliances even if I use a 24v charger?

Back