diy solar

diy solar

Do I need a Victron shunt?

Aussie

I am replacing a PL60 with a Victron 150/ 45. Can I use the pl60 shunt with the victron or do I need get a Victron shunt?

Well I'm going to guess your referring to a Phocos PL60 12-48V 60A Charge 30A Load Solar Charge Controller.

If so then no you do not "need" a victron shunt for the victron 150/45 to function. But its nice to have to actually know what is going on battery status wise. You can pull info from the 150/45 and all of the bluetooth enabled victron controllers will show information on what they are doing but the shunt is more accurate.

The actual shunt is just a calibrated resistor. If the specs are the same they are interchangeable.

Check the amp rating and the full scale mV rating such as 500 amps and 50 mV.

I can't find a shunt listed as coming with that unit. But even if it did you can't plug it into the victron so its useless for that. If it is hooked to another display of its own you can keep using it since that would probably mean its a stand alone monitor but again the victron won't use it.

I can't find a shunt listed as coming with that unit. But even if it did you can't plug it into the victron so its useless for that. If it is hooked to another display of its own you can keep using it since that would probably mean its a stand alone monitor but again the victron won't use it.
The unit is a Plasmatronics PL 60. The shunt was an accessory.
Thank you for the responses. Much appreciated

Back