diy solar

diy solar

DOA JK BMS?

B.Babs

Just opened this up and the switch/display plug literally fell out from inside the BMS?Anyone else ever see this? It won't even boot up even with +/- 5-9V applied...
jkbms.jpg

Guess there will always be a DOA failure rate for products that are manufactured down to a price. Assume you just got a replacement sent out?

But I'm fascinated why a BMS has a GPS input (or output?) socket though?

Errr... OK, so the JK BMS has a GPS socket so you can attach the (non-longer-available) JK GPS module to it.

But I am still none the wiser when the link states that the JK GPS's main "product sellpoint" is...
  • beautiful and practical: The appearance is beautiful and elegant, which greatly improves the work efficiency of the product.
Now, either I am missing something or having a major blonde moment ?‍♀️, but apart from sending your location to some Chinese data-centre what does a GPS unit add to the functionality of a BMS?

I recently bought a JK BMS as well, but I remember the GPS port being for something else, and not actually GPS.

Now its going to bug me, I have to figure it out.

Also, for OP, my new one did not require 5v be applied, the new ones only require you to short 2x pins for longer than 1 second and it will turn on. For me, it was the farthest 2 to the left.

diy solar

diy solar
Back