diy solar

diy solar

Does Daly Smart BMS support RS485?

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
I recently order 3 Daly Smart BMS 100A 16S LiFePO from Daly store on Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...c36qHiU&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

I also ordered 3 RS485 cables as I would like to monitor the BMS with Solar Assistant. After placing the order I received a message from Daly (which was nice of them) asking if I really want R@485 cables as the BMS does not support it.

The BMS I received has a RS485 port and their website implies it supports 485. So I am confused? Hoping someone on the forum can confirm does this BMS support 485 or not?

1667396940571.png

Those are combo ports. 485 needs a ground, "A" and "B", so 3 pins. UART, like BT needs 4, ground, Tx, Rx and +5V. I have a similar problem with two BMS. Lucky, I've bought a USB-585 interface. When you install it you have 2 drivers-one for the USB-UART, second for the UART-485. The board have 4 jumpers, I removed them and I cut the +5V from the interface. Lernt that after a lucky mistake-connecting the UART from the BMS to the USB adapter, the laptop went off, but no dammage. So you may try this way, it seemed to me easier. Why? Because UART has a common ground, you check all the "1" terminals to see they're common connected. For 485 I didn't found any ground/negative so I should take my best guess. Tried all the combinations, nothing.

Those are combo ports. 485 needs a ground

This is all Greek to me but it sounds like you are saying that this BMS does have 485 communications, but it might take some mods to get it to work with Solar Assistant/Orange Pi

Spanish all day long:) As you see, 3 different BMS should have (probably) dedicated wire. See the latest 2 pics. 8S BMS, strange connectors. One might be like yours (that one with chineese symbols). The last one is JK-BD6A20S10P, and i still have the same problem-it doesn't work. So one BMS has 3 pins for the 485, other has 4. But about the 485 interface...some BMS allow PC connections, other doesn't; it seems it's for service only or something like that.
USB-485 INTERFACE.jpgIMG_20221105_093106.jpgUART-BLUETOOTH.jpgUART-USB FOR PC CONNECTION.jpgIMG_20221105_093253.jpg4 PIN GPRS 485.jpg

In oct 2022 i bought a Daly BMs 16s 50/100A . For me it has obviously Rs485 & Canbus.... After 4months research & tests, i asked the question to reseller : the response is NO! Even if you have an RS485/Canbus connector...
To have Canbus/Rs485 you must specifie it when you buy it..
The difference is visible on the sticker on the BMS: there is a dot with Uart/bluetooh and a dot with nothing if no Rs485/canbus, (photo 1) and it's also visible on label on the BMS over the connecting port (photo 2)
If you buy a Canbus/Rs485 Daly BMs you will have ''RS485/canbus'' on the main sticker and label on plug PX (photo 3 fevrier 2023)
Very strange, very Chinese but reel!
This is my experience, perhaps there are others versions!

If it can help you: the last photo is pinout of the J1 J2 J3 & PX plugs

YB

Attachments

• BMS 2022 sans canbus 2.jpg
    BMS 2022 sans canbus 2.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 26
  • daly bms - mon bms 2022.jpg
    daly bms - mon bms 2022.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 23
  • BMs acheté en fevrier 2023 avec RS485-canbus.jpg
    BMs acheté en fevrier 2023 avec RS485-canbus.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 28
  • BMS Daly - connecteurs data.jpg
    BMS Daly - connecteurs data.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 31
For me it has obviously Rs485 & Canbus.... After 4months research & tests, i asked the question to reseller : the response is NO! Even if you have an RS485/Canbus connector...

Thanks for posting; Same thing for me, finally got a straight answer from Daly; the standard model is UART even thought it shows RS485 on the website and has RS485 port.

I hit the same stone. My BT also does not work correctly and i need to supply external voltage for it to work.
My UART is working. Any ideas if it is possible UART to RS-485 and feed my inverter with data ?

Back