diy solar

diy solar

Does the BMS have to be connected to the inverter?

Its the alarm coda described above. "Over voltage battery hardware". Means somthing like the BMS has detected an overvoltage and has shut down charging.

Its the alarm coda described above. "Over voltage battery hardware". Means somthing like the BMS has detected an overvoltage and has shut down charging.
What are you trying to achieve as your end pack voltage?

I left them all standard. I'd like 100% charged so allow the BMS to prevent further charging by setting 0 charge current through the canbus. But for some reason the inverter seems to charge when the bms says not!

I left them all standard. I'd like 100% charged so allow the BMS to prevent further charging by setting 0 charge current through the canbus. But for some reason the inverter seems to charge when the bms says not!
Try using 3.45V as 100%. That way your BMS will not shut off, and your cells will last longer.

Hello. Would you be so kind as to explain what parameters must be set, both in the inverter and in the SEPLOS, so that it does not give errors using the "AoBo-Sofar" configuration? Thank you very much

Hello. Would you be so kind as to explain what parameters must be set, both in the inverter and in the SEPLOS, so that it does not give errors using the "AoBo-Sofar" configuration? Thank you very much

There isnt a great deal to "set" change the inverter battery type to AoBo and set the BMS to sofar can communication, restart both units and that's it.

There isnt a great deal to "set" change the inverter battery type to AoBo and set the BMS to sofar can communication, restart both units and that's it.

I don't have the batteries yet. I have them ordered from China. I have the Solis inverter and am trying to learn as they arrive. Thank you very much. I will share with you my experience. Greetings

Update on this - I am on the AoBo setting and have set voltages in this to sensible values. No alarms and the battery charges to 100%! Success thanks to all!
Could you give the values you set for the voltages or screenshot of your setting please

There are basically no settings for the aobo battery. Just select it and off you go. These are the control parameters i have used though.

Attachments

• 16526056638816543408817328664358.jpg
    16526056638816543408817328664358.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 16526057252344257394782062846763.jpg
    16526057252344257394782062846763.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 51
There are basically no settings for the aobo battery. Just select it and off you go. These are the control parameters i have used though.

Incidentally, whats thwe max charge / discharge you have been able to achieve?

It does its rated 100amp in either direction? Why, are you not getting that?

It does its rated 100amp in either direction? Why, are you not getting that?
I have the 200amp BMS and my RHI is 6kW so max 100amp, mine always tops out at 61amps max, even though settings dictate otherwise.

Mine will go down to 70amps or so after about 15 mins at 100amps. It is very hot by this point, Solis say it is limiting current to reduce temperature. So really the inverter is only 3.8kw, not the 5kw its advertised

What inverter firmware are you on? mine shows 000 for both charge and discharge amps under the control parameters.

hello can anyone help when im import agrements on seplos monitor sofware i have error not corect formaterrroraras.png

Fantastic thread, full of just the info that i need. Just starting off on my green journey, starting off with a heat pump next month and solar later in the year. But oh the cost of it all! So im trying to reduce the initial outlay.
With the VAT rules and other bureaucratic BS in the Uk its difficult and actually financially not worth doing self install, i dont understand why if i have a pro install i dont pay VAT but if i want to buy the gear and install it myself i have to pay VAT on the goods, makes no sense to me.
Anyway i digress, the only way that i can see of saving a few shekels, is by building my own batteries....

Dr Phil, any chance of an update on how you are getting on?

what BMS's are peeps using now? im planning on 2p16s or at least i think i am.. 16 cells in series to make a bank and 2 banks in parallel not sure what the difference is between that and 16s2p?? something to do with 1 or 2 BMS's?

Planning on a Solis hybrid 10kw inverter and 6KW of panels, i want to integrate it all with Home assistant has anyone done this.

Is anyone willing to share a schematic of what they have done and a materials list? meanwhile im googling away!

Where are people buying their batteries from? i see that theres a supplier that a lot of people on here use, is she sill good?

Last edited:
Back