diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow a Good Company BAD PRODUCT!

MountainMatt

M&M Overland Adventures
I just bought a Delta Pro and extra battery less than 30 days ago. I use the system under my Travel Trailer with skirting. I need to utilize the bluetooth app or I have to go out and undo the skirting to access the Delta Pro. The bluetooth connection via the app has been very frustrating. It takes a long time to connect when and if it connects and if it connects will drop connection 2 minutes after. Going out up and down the stairs and undoing the skirting just to push a button to reset and connect again just to control the device is DEFINETLY NOT WORTH IT TO ME!
Contacted support who said NO RETURNS AFTER 30 DAYS!
TOTAL RIPOFF!

I use the system under my Travel Trailer with skirting. I need to utilize the bluetooth app or I have to go out and undo the skirting to access the Delta Pro. The bluetooth connection via the app has been very frustrating. It takes a long time to connect when and if it connects and if it connects will drop connection 2 minutes after.
Bluetooth isn't great at penetrating solid matter.. that's not really Ecoflow's fault.

...is there anything you could potentially relocate for less of a physical barrier between the Ecoflow unit and where you might typically be?

Alternatively, if you've got a hotspot you could connect the Ecoflow to wifi/internet and control it through the app that way instead (like I do with my Delta 2 - which has been fantastic). I think some of their units support direct wifi control too.

@Casteil is right. Bluetooth will not penetrate solid metal. Maybe a relocation of the Delta Pro will solve the issue. Personally, my Delta Pro's bluetooth connection works all over/through my house. But we do have a simple wood-studs-with-sheetrock house.

Also there was a latest firmware update did have improvements in the Bluetooth connections. I believe before then it might default to wifi even when you were in proximity to the Ecoflow unit.

It is working better now for some reason. I don't know..you know tech especially signals. 1 minute it's there the next poof!

It is working better now for some reason. I don't know..you know tech especially signals. 1 minute it's there the next poof!
It could be as simple as reorienting the Delta Pro so the inverter & batteries aren't directly between the bluetooth/wireless module on the Delta unit and where the receiving device is.. but yeah, if you can reduce or eliminate those physical barriers, that should help your connectivity.

May try a different phone? Also Some phone casses have these RF blocking things in them now to stop thieves and I think they can mess with the bluetooth.

Location was turned off again.
Don't know why.
I didn't turn it off.
Oh yeah, (RANT) it is a smart phone apparently with a mind of it's own and does what it wants to protect me from myself.

Last edited:
Why don't you just run an ethernet wire or use the wifi? It's not rocket science.

Bluetooth is only good for very short range and doesn't like dense materials, especially metals.

You basically put your device inside a Faraday cage, wireless comms are going to be tough.

Why don't you just run an ethernet wire or use the wifi? It's not rocket science.

Bluetooth is only good for very short range and doesn't like dense materials, especially metals.

You basically put your device inside a Faraday cage, wireless comms are going to be tough.
Thx Murph,
I don't have wifi. I am offgrid.

Thx Murph,
I don't have wifi. I am offgrid.

That doesn't make sense. You don't need to be on the grid to have your own home network.. (or in this case your own RV network).

Find a used $10 netgear router with wifi. Then run a hard line from it to your inverter and you can connect the wifi in your phone to it to control the inverter.
Should be almost plug-and-play.

That doesn't make sense. You don't need to be on the grid to have your own home network.. (or in this case your own RV network).

Find a used $10 netgear router with wifi. Then run a hard line from it to your inverter and you can connect the wifi in your phone to it to control the inverter.
Should be almost plug-and-play.
Commonly referred to as "Plug & Pray" in the IT industry. Yes I am aware this can be done but it just adds unnecessary draw/$ I can't afford right now.

Back