diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow iOT Privacy Policy

mikeonmaine

I am new to solar been through all of Wills YTube Chanel and just received an EcoFlow Delta Pro.

I am having an issue with their privacy policy. I am about to pair the unit and I get this message (see photos) telling I have to inform or get consent from people in the area if this battery that it collects data from devices in the area. I read the privacy policy and I want to return this unit. Anyone else find this a bit to invasive of your privacy and the privacy of guests?

Help me understand. I know my phone is listening but now my solar generator too??? IMG_7184.png

All privacy policies are scary, but they're also covering their arse so they don't run afoul to an obscure law somewhere.

When attached to your wireless, it will scan everything on your network and report home (including your wireless settings) to chyna. I recently blocked all my network traffic to chyna for this very reason. Operation and firmware updates don't seem to be affected.

All privacy policies are scary, but they're also covering their arse so they don't run afoul to an obscure law somewhere.

When attached to your wireless, it will scan everything on your network and report home (including your wireless settings) to chyna. I recently blocked all my network traffic to chyna for this very reason. Operation and firmware updates don't seem to be affected.
How can I block the network traffic. I just hooked up solar panels no issues. Do I really need to connect this to the app and Wi-Fi?
Thank you for the help!!

The only thing you need wifi for is remote monitoring and firmware updates. Blocking network traffic is wholly dependent on your router and skill level making said adjustments.

Back