diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow MPPT

MrNatural22

?SW sunshine =⚡️⚡️lit up thru the darkness✌️
Curious about the Ecoflow MPPT abilities.
I have an Ecoflow Delta 2 power station whos battery is rated at 52v that I use Two Ecoworthy 18v Bifacial 200w panels to recharge with. The panels are connected in parallel because of intermittent shade patches. Panels are 18-22v. It charges the Delta 2.

Elsewhere, I also use two Victron 100/30 smart MPPTs in operation using Sunpower 325w panels with a VOC of over 60v on other systems with 12v LIFePo batteries. Too high for the Delta 2s 60v limit.
It has always been my understanding that MPPT CC brings down the panels voltage to match the batteries connected to properly charge.
BUT,
Can a MPPT also raise the voltage to match the 52v battery of the Delta2?
Does the Delta2 MPPT have boost capabilities to perform this?
Or is this the common ability of all MPPTs? And can the Victron CC MPPT do likewise? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
Can a MPPT also raise the voltage to match the 52v battery of the Delta2?

I have only seen one standalone MPPT that can boost.

Does the Delta2 have boost capabilities to perform this?

Yes. It has to. Given the consumer nature of the unit, it needs to be as flexible as possible. PV input voltage is 11-60VDC and input current, 15A.

Or is this the common ability of all MPPTs? And can the Victron CC MPPT do likewise? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

No and No. Victron specifically must have +5Voc over battery, and Vmp must be +1 over battery. Most other brands have similar operating requirements.

Yes. It has to. Given the consumer nature of the unit, it needs to be as flexible as possible. PV input voltage is 11-60VDC and input current, 15A.

No and No. Victron specifically must have +5Voc over battery, and Vmp must be +1 over battery. Most other brands have similar operating requirements.
? Thanks Steve. Make sense. Was wondering about that. The Delta2 has performed flawlessly on everything I've thrown at it for my camping needs and i ordered a third 200w bifacial panel from Ecoworthy during this past sale madness ($116 ea) to boost my capability to 600w for faster recharging the Delta.

Thanks, yep I was pretty sure after reading specs on the Victrons they do not boost. Be cool if they did but probably $$$ more than already priced. Ecoflow must have a specialty MPPT input boosting abilities.

Back