diy solar

diy solar

EG 4 18 K

mudman455

Well made the jump, as of 10/27/23 Order my 18 K and power pro battery. now we will see how long till it arrives from Signature Solar and how everything goes thorough this part of the process. I am planning to keep a running post on my experience on my investment, in hope's to give other's information to help them make this investment.

Seriously, why are people such jerks? He literally wasted his own time to post something useless that doesn't help anyone.
It helps everyone understand what product, this thread is about. And helps the OP, know what product they have purchased.
But, calling people names. Is actually unhelpful.

Well made the jump, as of 10/27/23 Order my 18 K and power pro battery. now we will see how long till it arrives from Signature Solar and how everything goes thorough this part of the process. I am planning to keep a running post on my experience on my investment, in hope's to give other's information to help them make this investment.
I just started down this road as well about 2 months ago. The 18k is a great inverter, very easy to setup and wire my panels to. Good luck!

It helps everyone understand what product, this thread is about. And helps the OP, know what product they have purchased.
But, calling people names. Is actually unhelpful.
Are you assuming people don't know what he means when he says 18k? You are delusional.

Since the origins of web forums, users would rather berate the writer instead of actually helping them. Feels like I'm back in middle school.

Since the origins of web forums, users would rather berate the writer instead of actually helping them. Feels like I'm back in middle school.
The op did not ask for any help. They created the thread to document their solar journey. Correcting the model helps others that come across the thread in the future.
Had they asked for help they would have already gotten excellent support.

Every one here is happy for you. It's exciting when you get your equipment ordered and installed. I also have an 18k and we all realize it's a EG4 product as it is in your tittle. There is another inverter how ever called a luxpower 12k and some people refer to it as an 18k where most people refer the EG4 as an 18kpv. The 12k is some what different and has a smaller wire box. But in any case I'm sure no one here is trying to belittle you and this is a great place to get information even when some one gets corrected in what they write. Good luck.
.... I edited my correction. Sorry for the miss information, thanks to Timselectric.

Last edited:
Are you assuming people don't know what he means when he says 18k? You are delusional.
The issue arises when other people search threads without fully understanding the potentials of their path. There are then threads about "what size service panel" "how many in parallel for 400a" which is significantly different when considering AC output vs PV input capacities.

Sure it may see pedantic at times, but if we can't share humor what's left?

Every one here is happy for you. It's exciting when you get your equipment ordered and installed. I also have an 18k and we all realize it's a EG4 product as it is in your tittle. There is another inverter how ever called a luxpower 18k and some people refer to it as an 18k where most people refer the EG4 as an 18kpv. The 18k is some what different and has a smaller wire box. But in any case I'm sure no one here is trying to belittle you and this is a great place to get information even when some one gets corrected in what they write. Good luck.
Actually the luxpower version is the 12k.
Named after it's output (industry standard).
Whereas the 18kpv is named after its PV input.

Actually the luxpower version is the 12k.
Named after it's output (industry standard).
Whereas the 18kpv is named after its PV input.
Yes your right about that. I've been corrected again. See I wrote some thing wrong and was corrected. This is how it go's but don't worry, I'm not going to call you any names, that' would be childish like the other fellow.

Of all the people in the world, we are just a tiny corner with all the shared love for sun harvesting. It would be prudent of us all to stick together and exercise some ancients truths, like love, kindness, patience, gentleness and self control. It will make this place alot more fruitful for others that want to join in! When it comes to posting, I think there is something to be said about quality > quantity.

.....Awaits flaming :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, why are people such jerks? He literally wasted his own time to post something useless that doesn't help anyone.
Question...
Why did you clarify "PV" in your sig?

He had Eg4 in the title, you're just being argumentative.

I see both sides of this discussion, and don't really have a dog in the fight. But, I'll share my opinion regardless.

While some may think that correcting the name from "18k" to "18kpv" may be petty/pedantic, if we take a step back for a moment and look at the bigger picture.. This forum exists for helping each other, and accurately relaying ideas/thoughts/decisions/information.

One of the basic tenants of that idea, is the capability of having the infomartion be archived and searchable indefinately. When someone doesn't type the name accurately, those search results get skewed over time. People suddenly can't find relevant information on the inverter (because they searched for 18kpv, and this thread didn't show up) and worse.. if there is an inverter called "18k", the person searching for that is now going to get this thread in the results. As such, they may be looking for features we discussed in this thread.., or menu items that simply don't exist in their inverter.

Petty/Pedantic, maybe (I don't agree, but I do see how one could come to that conclusion).. but to pretend like @timselectric is "just" being argumentative for the sake of arguing, is honestly a bit of a narrow minded view.

Petty/Pedantic, maybe (I don't agree, but I do see how one could come to that conclusion).. but to pretend like @timselectric is "just" being argumentative for the sake of arguing, is honestly a bit of a narrow minded view.
This actually gets to the crux of the issue. I agree that clarification can help when searching for this post in the future, but how he said it was the issue. We have some users that English isn't their first language and might not be able to pick up on the humor.

diy solar

diy solar
Back