diy solar

diy solar

EG4 14.3kWh PowerPro WallMount AllWeather Lithium Battery | 48V 280Ah

The GSL batteries only have a single connection anyway so they have to go to a bus bar, whereas the eg4 have two connections and you can parallel three of them before those connections are at their limit. Then you need to start doing bus bars.

Yeah make it really easy for thieves to take it, they won't even have to break in. No way I would put something like this outside. No Way!
A car is easier to both steal and fence/strip for parts, and is frequently located right on the street. A 300 pound box mounted to the side of the house and/or bolted to a concrete pad, connected to a live inverter is not exactly a smash & grab target any more than an air conditioner condenser.

9540A now 9540 by September, CEC by October
@SignatureSolarJames, will the 9540 cert in September only cover the combination with an EG4 inverter (presumably the 18k)? Or will it cover any other inverter combinations?

I really like this battery and would like to use it, but I'm required to have 9540 and I already have a Sol-Ark 15k installed...

If not already certified with a Sol-Ark 15k...any plans to get it certified with the 15k?

@SignatureSolarJames, will the 9540 cert in September only cover the combination with an EG4 inverter (presumably the 18k)? Or will it cover any other inverter combinations?

I really like this battery and would like to use it, but I'm required to have 9540 and I already have a Sol-Ark 15k installed...

If not already certified with a Sol-Ark 15k...any plans to get it certified with the 15k?
good question. we are focused on 18kpv. it would be interesting to see if cooperation from our good friends at the 15k company

good question. we are focused on 18kpv. it would be interesting to see if cooperation from our good friends at the 15k company
I assume UL isn't kind enough to list/test things for free.. who would traditionally pay for such a listing? Seems it benefits both parties. Can the battery manufacturer / inverter manufacturer get the combined listing without the other companies consent by simply supplying the other parties product for testing with their own?

So is the EG4 PowerPro being UL certified to 9540 only when connected to an EG4 18kpv?

The unmarked units are intriguing to me as I am not going to grid - tie them However, you would think they would be marked down a bit more than the pre-order marked units... :unsure:
@SignatureSolarJames I totally understand you guys can't take a loss or anything on these units but can you offer some insight into why the unmarked are priced the same as the pre-order marked/certified?

9540 is always inverter + battery by definition
I was told that the recently released rev3 of 9540 changes this. It defines an AC-ESS (which is inverter+battery) and also a DC-ESS which doesn't require the inverter. The DC-ESS has to include all applicable safety requirements on its own of course.

I was told that the recently released rev3 of 9540 changes this. It defines an AC-ESS (which is inverter+battery) and also a DC-ESS which doesn't require the inverter. The DC-ESS has to include all applicable safety requirements on its own of course.
Thats news to me and I’m paying them. Would be great but nobody has dc yet and id have to verify

Back