diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18k panel password?

macdad22

FIGURED THIS OUT.. but couldn't find the delete button for the thread

As luck would have it I got everything done with my install and am ready to commission my EG4 18k right after support hours closed for Signature Solar. Does anyone know the the password is on the LCD panel for the EG4 18K? It asks for a password when you want to switch your battery type or switch to seemless switchover. My EG4 18k is being used as a whole house backup vs. typical Solar application.

Worse case I can wait until tomorrow when the team at Signature is back.

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited:
Hey, I bought the new EG4 18k hybrid inverter from signature solar I'm having problems with it I have the grid feedback disabled but it still feeding back into the grid I was wondering do you have the same problem I watched all YouTube videos and signature solar is updated the framework they're saying it should have took care of it but it's not.

Hey, I bought the new EG4 18k hybrid inverter from signature solar I'm having problems with it I have the grid feedback disabled but it still feeding back into the grid I was wondering do you have the same problem I watched all YouTube videos and signature solar is updated the framework they're saying it should have took care of it but it's not.
Make sure your CT’s are in the right direction

I have validated it with the amp meter The Wire to the grid to the inverter has amperage on it with a separate fluke amp meter when I turn off my solar panel breaker the ampers goes away it's definitely feeding back to the grid and it's not supposed to so you're saying that the CTs that came with the inverter has something to do with that? I'm not going by what it says on the screen you cannot trust that validate it with a amp meter.

I looked at my screen on the inverter and it was exporting to the grid, so I had to reverse the direction of the CT’s and then it worke.

Did you put a amp meter on it to validate the data that you were seeing on the screen to make sure it was not grid feedbacking?

I am wanting to run my 3/4 hp deep well pump, 2.5 ton heat pump / AC unit and my hot water heater. Also my dryer and range - all 240 volt.
I am trying to decide on the Shneider XW pro 6.8 or the new EG4 18k pv. I have been told that either one of these would handle all these 240 volt loads. The unit I purchase would only be doing these 240 volt loads, NO 110 loads. Obviously the well pump and hot water heater are on and off all day long. The AC runs a few hours during the day for about a month or so in the summer and the heat pump runs during the day & night in the spring, fall a about a month in the winter. Once it is 20 degrees or lower, it is no longer in use, so quite a bit of the winter the heat pump / ac is not in use. The dryer runs for about a half hour once a day about 3 days a week. The oven part of the range only gets used a couple of times a month, but one or two of the top burners are used once a day / every day. Anybody have any experience with the EG4 18k running a deep well pump and hot water heater at the same time? Along with a heat pump / ac? I am somewhat convinced that the Schneider XW pro can do it, but I only have reviews to base that on and no one seems to talk about well pumps or hot water heaters with them.

I had the same problem. Some settings require the inverter to be in stand by mode. You probably figured this out already but I thought I would respond for future peeps.

@ryion says "No I have not figured that out is it possible that you can take a screenshot what settings that you're talking about that needs to be in standby mode?" but he used report instead of reply :)
for me it was only the battery type that i couldn't/needed to change. Log in to the monitoring web lage and you may be able to change it there as well.

I had the same problem. Some settings require the inverter to be in stand by mode. You probably figured this out already but I thought I would respond for future peeps.
No I have not figured that out thank you but is it possible that you can take a photo of the screenshot and what settings that needs to be in standby mode?

How did you get the password? I can't make some of these changes either, it asks me for a password I don't have.

Page 19 of the manual. Use the online manual, the paper version I received with my 18k was outdated.

Back