diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv Alarm - 'Trip by Vac abnormal' and 'Trip by no AC' - Inverter AC power output turns off

did you figure this issue out? was it just an update after all? im having the same alarm codes. the one im working on is completely off grid with no generator.

I would make sure the Grid Loss Warning Clear is enabled or if this is on an older firmware, it would be called Run Without Grid. Also, if this was connected to the monitoring system, you could DM me the serial number for the inverter and I can take a look.

I would make sure the Grid Loss Warning Clear is enabled or if this is on an older firmware, it would be called Run Without Grid. Also, if this was connected to the monitoring system, you could DM me the serial number for the inverter and I can take a look.

I had noticed when we would 'run without grid' on this lady's 18kpv system I was helping with, then the generator wouldn't charge the batteries, so had to disable that setting and just live with the error and alarm light amber on. Unless you know of a new firmware that will fix that coming soon? I haven't went over there to check firmware since a couple months ago, I had put the latest one on last time I was there though.

I'll try to get a serial number off the unit next time I run back by there, and also check for newer firmware while I'm at it...

So I was continually getting the Trip by Abnormal Vac, everything worked fine except sometimes my generator would only charge at 700 watts instead of the 7000 watts it set to. I saw this thread and decided to mess with the "run without grid" setting. When I first turned it on, it cleared the alarm, but killed power to everything. I disabled "run without grid" and still no power output. I restarted the inverter power came back on, and then re-enabled "run without grid", power stayed on, and no alarm, and generator charges at full voltage now. No idea why this worked or what that setting even does, but it appears to have fixed my problems. We will see if I have charging issues in the future or not. I have the original firmware, so I will see about updating that.

So I was continually getting the Trip by Abnormal Vac, everything worked fine except sometimes my generator would only charge at 700 watts instead of the 7000 watts it set to. I saw this thread and decided to mess with the "run without grid" setting. When I first turned it on, it cleared the alarm, but killed power to everything. I disabled "run without grid" and still no power output. I restarted the inverter power came back on, and then re-enabled "run without grid", power stayed on, and no alarm, and generator charges at full voltage now. No idea why this worked or what that setting even does, but it appears to have fixed my problems. We will see if I have charging issues in the future or not. I have the original firmware, so I will see about updating that.

Good to hear your feedback, thanks for sharing... Is your generator wired into the Generator Input breaker on the 18kpv, or do you have it wired to the AC Grid Input breaker?

diy solar

diy solar
Back