diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV issues - turning on and off repeatedly at sunrise and sunset

treeder

My EG4 18kPV is resetting every day, repeatedly, every morning and evening. Usually about 5-15 times before it comes up and stays up. My whole house goes out for 1 a second, then things start up again, then goes out, and so on. It seems to happen at sunrise and sunset so I feel it might be something related to the panel voltage triggering something, but not enough to keep it going or something like that (uneducated guess).

I believe this started with the new 1717 firmware (Jan 2024 release), but I'm not 100% sure.

These are the alarms I'm seeing on the unit when it happens, "Trip by no AC"

PXL_20240128_111808841_exported_113667.jpg

I've started to turn off my panels with the switch on the side of the unit before sundown then I turn them on after sunrise to avoid this as I'm scared my appliances and other things will get destroyed with the repeated power loss.

Anyone else seeing this?

Reactions: Zwy
1616, I get that every so often too. I will get up in the mornings and see all my mini splits have reset

Do you have grid connected to it?
I am grid connected. I remember you telling someone to select “Run without Grid” SS had told me not to do that. If I select this box do you think it would help with this problem?

Have the same issue- AC coupled/Grid/ When the solar is slightly above the load. clicks on and off every 10 sec . If ;load is higher, it does not happen

Attachments

• IMG_4786.png
    IMG_4786.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 19
My EG4 18kPV is resetting every day, repeatedly, every morning and evening. Usually about 5-15 times before it comes up and stays up. My whole house goes out for 1 a second, then things start up again, then goes out, and so on. It seems to happen at sunrise and sunset so I feel it might be something related to the panel voltage triggering something, but not enough to keep it going or something like that (uneducated guess).

I believe this started with the new 1717 firmware (Jan 2024 release), but I'm not 100% sure.

These are the alarms I'm seeing on the unit when it happens, "Trip by no AC"

View attachment 192091

I've started to turn off my panels with the switch on the side of the unit before sundown then I turn them on after sunrise to avoid this as I'm scared my appliances and other things will get destroyed with the repeated power loss.

Anyone else seeing this?
Please PM me your station name so I can see whats going on please.

1616, I get that every so often too. I will get up in the mornings and see all my mini splits have reset
That's interesting, I didn't get on 1616 as my unit wouldn't take that upgrade (I guess that's a good thing). I was on 1312 and I didn't seem to have any issues, then after the upgrade to to 1717, things started going bad.

For reference, here's the firmware change log. Maybe one of those new features is the culprit.

Attachments

• 18kpv firmware update notes.pdf
    574 KB · Views: 10
I have not had any “trip by no AC” issues today. But I did select “Run without Grid” last night. So maybe that helps fill in the gaps.

Back