diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV array output turning on and off

rhino

Solar Wizard
I just connected an 18kPV to a new PV array and for some reason the charging output to battery from PV array keeps ramping up and then you here some clicking noises in the unit and it resets to zero output. Wait a minute or so and it starts all over. This is an off grid setup with no AC in or out currently (only used as a charge controller right now). There is no alerts/warnings/faults on any of those screens. Any ideas?

(posting this as new thread since my previous thread from today appears to have been lost).

I was looking for the other thread and never did find it. Thanks for reposting!

Do you have Run Without Grid selected?

Also, do you have the wifi adapter set up? If so, DM me you Station name and S/N and I can take a look at it remotely.

I just connected an 18kPV to a new PV array and for some reason the charging output to battery from PV array keeps ramping up and then you here some clicking noises in the unit and it resets to zero output. Wait a minute or so and it starts all over. This is an off grid setup with no AC in or out currently (only used as a charge controller right now). There is no alerts/warnings/faults on any of those screens. Any ideas?

(posting this as new thread since my previous thread from today appears to have been lost).

I saw your post in the 18 thread. Likely the server update didn't bring it over during the transition.

I do have "run without grid selected".

This is the original firmware that came with it (from about 5 months ago). Is the firmware the issue? I was having trouble trying to update firmware with the iOS app (iOS app version 1.0.9). I click the "Download firmware" button and it greys out but then nothing happens? There is no status indicating exactly what was going on when I did that... But now I just ran the app again and saw on one of the screens there was an Update firmware button available. It's now updating.

This is what it looked like and did say "Update successful" after it finished.

IMG_0045.PNG

It appears to be stable this morning.. it is staying over 1000W without resetting so it must have been the firmware version I was on.

Is there a URL link with the change log for the firmware versions? I saw there was a button for it in the app to view the change log but that wasn't working for me

I do have "run without grid selected".

This is the original firmware that came with it (from about 5 months ago). Is the firmware the issue? I was having trouble trying to update firmware with the iOS app (iOS app version 1.0.9). I click the "Download firmware" button and it greys out but then nothing happens? There is no status indicating exactly what was going on when I did that... But now I just ran the app again and saw on one of the screens there was an Update firmware button available. It's now updating.
Ok, if you send me you station name and S/N I can update it for you. Its quick and easy and I can get you up and running in no time

@rhino Any update on what's going on? I would love to help out if you are still having problems. No pressure for a response. I know we all have lives outside of this place, and work and such. I just want to make sure your equipment is working properly.

Displaying Screenshot_20231206_110053_EG4.jpg

Your picture isn't working...for me anyway.

Back