diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv Alarm - 'Trip by Vac abnormal' and 'Trip by no AC' - Inverter AC power output turns off

So you have a generator or grid on your input, and it still works when that setting for 'Run without AC' is enabled? Just wondering why I saw the warning that said make sure no generator is connected popped up right when I clicked 'Set' to enable that option.
Warning ⚠️ so you know if the grid is down. Kind of useless in my mind.

The neighbors are proactive at letting me know the power is out.

Warning ⚠️ so you know if the grid is down. Kind of useless in my mind.

The neighbors are proactive at letting me know the power is out.

Hehe, when I used to live in town, the way I would always tell if the power was out was to go out to my porch, so I could look around and see if all the other neighbors are out on their porches looking around too, dead giveaway..

Hehe, when I used to live in town, the way I would always tell if the power was out was to go out to my porch, so I could look around and see if all the other neighbors are out on their porches looking around too, dead giveaway..
Apparently it works the opposite when your house is the only one with power.

Just grid input, no generator for my present setup.
At the ultimate home I will have generator input configured but most unlikely to be used. But I will test it.
I think 18kw of panels and 150kwh of batteries will be fine for a highly insulated Florida home ?

did you figure this issue out? was it just an update after all? im having the same alarm codes. the one im working on is completely off grid with no generator.

did you figure this issue out? was it just an update after all? im having the same alarm codes. the one im working on is completely off grid with no generator.

I would make sure the Grid Loss Warning Clear is enabled or if this is on an older firmware, it would be called Run Without Grid. Also, if this was connected to the monitoring system, you could DM me the serial number for the inverter and I can take a look.

Back