diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 18KPv External RSD Initiator Installation Instructions

Sooooo much better than the last version.

At an Amazon retail price of $1, maybe the connector outta be included in the box? Seems helpful for lots of people vs buying a 10 pack

Umm, it switched from the yellow wire to the red wire.

Edited because Dexter is right, plus I don't have any skin in the game. Just an observer.

Let's not get too petty now...
I’m certainly not saying they should throw in a $25 switch, just seems like their customers would greatly benefit from a cheap $1 connector. I imagine most would be happy to pay the difference.

Would be even cooler if it were preinstalled at the factory, just have a small loop of wire so it could remain NC

Only when someones install the inverter indoors are they required to extend the RSD switch to an outdoor location, in compliance with regulations. So no problem with the existing RSD function. So this requirement doesn't apply if the installation isn't in that situation. The same situation applies to other inverters as well. Furthermore, the $1 terminal isn't a "must-have" component even when people need to do extended RSD, but having it on hand is certainly beneficial. we will have that in the accessories bag from the next batch.
Btw, yes, we do need to pay more attention to these English expressions. ;)

Only when someones install the inverter indoors are they required to extend the RSD switch to an outdoor location, in compliance with regulations. So no problem with the existing RSD function. So this requirement doesn't apply if the installation isn't in that situation. The same situation applies to other inverters as well. Furthermore, the $1 terminal isn't a "must-have" component even when people need to do extended RSD, but having it on hand is certainly beneficial. we will have that in the accessories bag from the next batch.
Btw, yes, we do need to pay more attention to these English expressions. ;)
Great call, I think that’ll save people a headache. I know a lot of people get rather worried when ordering small electric connectors.

Having the customer/installer need to modify the internal wiring for an RSD is pretty sloppy; it isn't like an external RSD switch is something that shouldn't have been planned for. Hopefully this will be properly integrated into the terminal block eventually.

I just hooked up my outdoor switch between the inverter and TIGO CCA on the positive side (+12). -12 still goes strait to CCA. When the switch goes off, power is disconnected to the CCA. Easy hookup and I don't care about the internal RSD.

Having the customer/installer need to modify the internal wiring for an RSD is pretty sloppy; it isn't like an external RSD switch is something that shouldn't have been planned for. Hopefully this will be properly integrated into the terminal block eventually.
Yes point taken. The external RSD is definitely something we should consider earlier. For the current production, it has been upgraded. Thank you

Yes point taken. The external RSD is definitely something we should consider earlier. For the current production, it has been upgraded. Thank you
When will the "Current production" hit the markets? Are they selling the remaining stock before this is upgraded on your end?

Thx for your question. @SniperX
The current production, upgraded production, has a built-in terminal for extended RSD.
No.2, normally the product being produced will be delivered to our distributors' warehouse within 2 months, namely in Oct 2023.
this is a thread about EG4 18Kpv, I believe they will have this version open for whoever cares about this feature. Let's keep watching.

Back