diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18KPV Grid Draw

The utility company has no control over if your meter spins faster or if the numbers go up etc.
The only way it could stop spinning is if the meter is defective and they physically removed the meter and change it.
I have never seen a Utility company charge a home owner for Reactive power, most inline home meters cannot even read reactive power!
They only put in CT equipped meters for large Business Accounts, although I have heard that may be changing in the future.
The Point is that the meter most likely stopped spinning because of a setting they changed in the Inverter.
So you don't think there is a possibility that the electric company can remotely alter the operating mode of the meter?
Robbie, we are going to make you love this inverter one way or another.

robby hasn't seen something, therefor it can't possibly exist. robby is the most dangerous type of person to give advice. \

Ignore robby.

The meter they put on my house can wirelessly talk to them, track everything, and make love to me while I sleep.

Why did it not keep at 100%? You see the screenshot I sent showed it at 97% and the inverter chose to sent power to grid as opposed to topping off the battery to 100%.
You have seamless switching enabled. This setting is pulling a sample from the battery constantly so the inverter is ready at anytime to switch to EPS if the grid goes down.

Last edited:
So you don't think there is a possibility that the electric company can remotely alter the operating mode of the meter?
Unless they can remotely install CT sensors in the meter then No! Why would they build a meter to measure reactive power when they do not bill customers for it. And if by some chance they are billing for it why would they stop just because he found out?

Was the person with the problem burning through an extra 20Kwh before this inverter problem happened?

It is far more likely that he had an Inverter issue versus the power company sneakily adding in Reactive power onto his bill and every other customers bill. Then suddenly reversing course on his usage when he questioned them. If so he just hit into a monumental case for a class action lawsuit. All his neighbors on the utility are paying for tens of extra KWh of power per month when they should not be.

Last edited:
The meter they put on my house can wirelessly talk to them, track everything, and make love to me while I sleep.
Yeah so can mine but it does not upgrade its hardware with little robotic arms or pleasure me with them like yours can🤣

Last edited:
You have seamless switching enabled. This setting is pulling a sample from the battery constantly so the inverter is ready at anytime to switch to EPS if the grid goes down.
This would have made sense if the battery kept going between 100 and 99, topping off and sampling.
But assuming this is correct, when would the battery have started charging? 95%, 90%?

This would have made sense if the battery kept going between 100 and 99, topping off and sampling.
But assuming this is correct, when would the battery have started charging? 95%, 90%?

If you could DM your serial number, I will look into this for you. However, it does seem to be what Markus has mentioned in thread.

Is your System Charge SOC limit set at 101%? When I set mine on 100% my battery does like yours. When I set it to 101% my battery stays at 100%.

Last edited:
Is your System Charge SOC limit set at 101%? When I set mine on 100% my battery does like yours. When I set it to 101% my battery stays at 100%.
Mine is at 100%. Wondering what EG4 has to say about 101%. Would there be an over charging/over heating situation that is bad for battery?

That would be a good question for EG4. My 18Kpv came set to 101%, and it kept my battery at 100%. But I rather it charge to 100% and not keep charging every 20 minutes. So I changed it to 100% and by night time it’s usually 97%. And I put the system charge volt limit at 56.2 per the spec sheet. Maybe EG4 will weigh in on this.

Attachments

• IMG_5056.png
    IMG_5056.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 6
He has a point though, possibly a setting in the inverter was changed or firmware.

Farther back in the thread, the OP had the constant draw, then updated firmware it was gone, then updated firmware again and the draw was back.

This is one of the reasons I did this to my list: EG4 18Kpv

There are more, this inverter won't be "making love" in my application. :)

Looks like somebody from EG4 changed my battery percebtage to 101%. It now charges to 100% and keeps it at 100%.

Back