diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 18kvp or Sol ark 12k

Saray

I noticed they Solark 12k now priced at $5300.00. So is worth spending more on the EG4, trying to see advantages. You guys know a lot more than me, any thoughts?

If you need that much power then the 15K would be the match in terms of power.
In terms of software maturity the 12K has been in use for over two years and is extremely reliable. Support from Sol-Ark is also first class.

The OP wasn't comparing, just wondering if it is worth spending a little more to get more, but at what risk. What advantages.
It's a bigger jump in price to go to the 15K than the 18K from the 12K.

Personally, I think you have to decide if you need the additional output. If so, and if money is tight, the 18K is a viable option. It doesn't have the track record of Sol-Ark, but so far it's gotten positive reviews. Will, the site owner, loves it. If money isn't an issue, the 15K has more history behind it, and is basically the same as the 18K.

A major difference that both the 15K and 18K have is how they connect. Both have 200 amp passthrough. You can wire the grid right to the inverter. That allows you to use smart load, which all 3 have, a little differently, and separates your main panel from the grid.

Last edited:
If 12k fills your current and future needs, then it is good. Another difference is the 12k has 2 mppt, whereas 15k has 3. There is also an 8k.

There is not much "advantage" between the sol-ark models (8-16k for the USA). They all have the same thing, just bigger.

Back