diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 48 volt battery charger

I actually did what you want to do. Tested the honda eu2000i with the 25amp charger. I actually bought both the small charger and the big one. I'm not going to use the small one since it seemed the generator had no problem running in eco mode and wasn't ramping up.

I cut the alligator clamps off the charger and put some lugs on so the charger is permanently attached to the cabinet.

photo_2021-12-10_14-57-15.jpg here's the dedicated gen plug.

photo_2022-01-05_21-23-34.jpg put the cabinet on some solid concrete bricks so if there's a basement floor i'm good.

I decided to buy 3 more batteries to fill the cabinet after initial purchase. Got them this week and just finished installing them last night. No issues on my end.

Attachments

• PXL_20220106_050929891.jpg
    PXL_20220106_050929891.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 43
  • photo_2021-12-10_14-57-15 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-12-10_14-57-15 (2).jpg
    247 KB · Views: 39
  • photo_2021-12-11_13-33-22.jpg
    photo_2021-12-11_13-33-22.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Pre ordered mine on 12/15.
They shipped today with an expected delivery of 01/17.

I was told to expect 8 weeks or more.
Turning out to be less than 5 weeks.

Last edited:
I actually did what you want to do. Tested the honda eu2000i with the 25amp charger. I actually bought both the small charger and the big one. I'm not going to use the small one since it seemed the generator had no problem running in eco mode and wasn't ramping up.

I cut the alligator clamps off the charger and put some lugs on so the charger is permanently attached to the cabinet.

View attachment 78618 here's the dedicated gen plug.

View attachment 78617 put the cabinet on some solid concrete bricks so if there's a basement floor i'm good.

I decided to buy 3 more batteries to fill the cabinet after initial purchase. Got them this week and just finished installing them last night. No issues on my end.
You voided your warranty. You cut your ends off your charger. They will no longer stand behind it if you have problems with it. Better read the fine print on Signature solar policy. You look at their equipment wrong warranty void.

You voided your warranty. You cut your ends off your charger. They will no longer stand behind it if you have problems with it. Better read the fine print on Signature solar policy. You look at their equipment wrong warranty void.
That's really stupid that they'd void the warranty. They should sell them with the lugs on them because that's a lot safer to connect to the batteries or the cabinet busbars than alligator clips. Oh well, I'm not worried about the charger being voided as it's a backup of a backup of a backup. Hopefully won't need to use it.

I'm pretty sure the charger was outputting the rated power, but I'm going by memory and vaguely recall doing the math and it checked out. I used the battery lcds to check the amperage. This was about a month ago when I had 3 batteries in the cabinet.

FYI, I only ran the generator for 15 minutes. Hopefully the power goes out soon so I can test more haha. My luck, it'll never go out again.

we really are working on the 8 weeks, it now shows 4-6. the thing we are not increasing is the price unless absolutely necessary. I believe that the metals price rise will peak out and then we can get back to focusing on cost improvements.

Do you not like the answers you got earlier?
Hoping to see somebody actually get close to the 25 amps that it is rated for.

I talked James from SignatureSolar. Great guy. Need something done. He's the person to talk to. They have expanded a lot in the last few months.

Hoping to see somebody actually get close to the 25 amps that it is rated for.

I talked James from SignatureSolar. Great guy. Need something done. He's the person to talk to. They have expanded a lot in the last few months.
Charging right now. The charger is pulling a little over 8-8.5 amps from my generator and charging my batteries at 14.8ish. But my house is consuming 3A. So about 18-19 ampsis what I’m getting.

-If you have a charger putting out less than 25A we'd like to know and make it right, but there may be a Lead acid problem here as the charger is designed for LIFEPO4 only and has an algorithm to match and respond to that chemistry
-Voiding Warranty due to connecter change is against company policy.
-Signature Solar posted the video and firmware to update the 12kw inverter, our tech team has walked a lot of people through upgrades of firmware.

It sounds like there may be some confusion involved and service quality failures on our side as well, please call back in or email your order number and dissatisfaction to tech@signaturesolar.us and the team would gladly have a second look
Just received, yesterday, my 12KW Growatt inverter, EG4-LL battery, and 25A charger.
Upon connecting the charger to the battery, that was at 52% SOC, the LCD on the battery was showing 16.9A, and I confirmed that value with my multimeter.
Today I contacted the tech@signsturesolar.us, and they gave me the most amazing explanations of why the charger isn't charging with 25A.
It started with " The BMS of the battery is only requesting 16A from the battery", at my question of how the BMS is communicating with the charger " the BMS is talking with the charger by controlling the voltage of the battery" at this point I asked again for an explanation of how they're communicating without having any communication cable between them, and after conferring again with his "30 years of experience, electrician, working at the test bench " he was informed by the said " technician" that (and he blew my mind with this one) " the charger has a BMS also, and is communicating with the BMS of the battery ( communicating how? but what magical means?) and adjusting the amps accordingly ( why an 100A battery will have to reduce charging when is only charged 52%?). This had to be the first charger in the history that has a BMS in it. I called trying to speak, or leave my concerns, and contact information for James, the CEO, and I got a call back from another person, that told me that confirmed that everything that I was told is true, and if I am not pleased with the charger, to return it !?
I was ready to order five more batteries, but I am not sure if I want to deal with your company anymore, all I was asking was to be able to charge with 25A, because that was what I paid for.

Someone else posted that the charger is only doing 900W, and this is what mine does, so, why misleading the customers?

It seems that your above statement isn't sustained.

Just received, yesterday, my 12KW Growatt inverter, EG4-LL battery, and 25A charger.
Upon connecting the charger to the battery, that was at 52% SOC, the LCD on the battery was showing 16.9A, and I confirmed that value with my multimeter.
Today I contacted the tech@signsturesolar.us, and they gave me the most amazing explanations of why the charger isn't charging with 25A.
It started with " The BMS of the battery is only requesting 16A from the battery", at my question of how the BMS is communicating with the charger " the BMS is talking with the charger by controlling the voltage of the battery" at this point I asked again for an explanation of how they're communicating without having any communication cable between them, and after conferring again with his "30 years of experience, electrician, working at the test bench " he was informed by the said " technician" that (and he blew my mind with this one) " the charger has a BMS also, and is communicating with the BMS of the battery ( communicating how? but what magical means?) and adjusting the amps accordingly ( why an 100A battery will have to reduce charging when is only charged 52%?). This had to be the first charger in the history that has a BMS in it. I called trying to speak, or leave my concerns, and contact information for James, the CEO, and I got a call back from another person, that told me that confirmed that everything that I was told is true, and if I am not pleased with the charger, to return it !?
I was ready to order five more batteries, but I am not sure if I want to deal with your company anymore, all I was asking was to be able to charge with 25A, because that was what I paid for.

Someone else posted that the charger is only doing 900W, and this is what mine does, so, why misleading the customers?

It seems that your above statement isn't sustained.
video coming
@signaturesolarrichard

please Explain the SOC light while charging. I’ve been charging for two days with the EG4 charger. I watch the packs and at some times all the packs will have the 50% or 75%light flashing while others don’t. At times all of them will have lights flashing and at time none of them will have lights flashing. While the entire time the charger continues to flash red and the fan runs. As I type they have been charging 21 hours.

please Explain the SOC light while charging. I’ve been charging for two days with the EG4 charger. I watch the packs and at some times all the packs will have the 50% or 75%light flashing while others don’t. At times all of them will have lights flashing and at time none of them will have lights flashing. While the entire time the charger continues to flash red and the fan runs. As I type they have been charging 21 hours.
How many batteries you have, and what voltage/capacity?

Are you running off the batteries, and charging with a generator? It seems that those chargers are only charging with about 900W instead of 1350W as advertised, so depending how much power you're using, in 24 hours, that charger will charge your batteries with 24x900=2600W less your usage.

Back