diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP / EG4 LLs state of charge

akitawpo

Hello,

So I received my brand new 6000xp and connected it to my 5 LLs. All the batteries were fully charged as they were constantly used for about two years until a week and a half ago when I decided to upgrade from a Eg4 6000ex to an Eg4 6000xp.

When I use close loop, the state of charge reported on the inverter does not match the state of charge reported on the LLs screen. All my batteries on their screens report 99% soc. Now on the inverter thestate of charge reports as 78% soc. I can see 500amp total capacity which makes me think all comms are reporting to the inverter. But why wouldthe LCDs report a fully charge battery and the inverter report 78%?
I was told at some point from a SS tech that the reported LCD soc does not come from the BMS and their could be discrepancies between comms and the LCD.

Last edited:
That is a good question, some of these BMS displays are very simple glamour features that give a relative number, but not the same info as the actual data. You should use the BMS test tool from EG4, connect to the battery, and see what that value indicates, if it's reading the same as your inverter then it's probably safe to assume the display is off. The next step would be to look into updating the firmware on the batteries, there could be a software-related bug in the display that is fixed in a newer release.

Hello,

So I received my brand new 6000xp and connected it to my 5 LLs. All the batteries were fully charged as they were constantly used for about two years until a week and a half ago when I decided to upgrade from a Eg4 6000ex to an Eg4 6000xp.

When I use close loop, the state of charge reported on the inverter does not match the state of charge reported on the LLs screen. All my batteries on their screens report 99% soc. Now on the inverter thestate of charge reports as 78% soc. I can see 500amp total capacity which makes me think all comms are reporting to the inverter. But why wouldthe LCDs report a fully charge battery and the inverter report 78%?
I was told at some point from a SS tech that the reported LCD soc does not come from the BMS and their could be discrepancies between comms and the LCD.
Currently working with this via DM's. However, this could be a few things such as the correct protocol being used for CAN or RS485. We recommend using CAN communication with EG4LL-S to the 18kPV/6000XP.

That is a good question, some of these BMS displays are very simple glamour features that give a relative number, but not the same info as the actual data. You should use the BMS test tool from EG4, connect to the battery, and see what that value indicates, if it's reading the same as your inverter then it's probably safe to assume the display is off. The next step would be to look into updating the firmware on the batteries, there could be a software-related bug in the display that is fixed in a newer release.
Appreciate the comment. I thought about the firmware updated. It was just very strange that somebody SS tech would suggest the display is not accurate or the same as the BMS info. I'm working on the assumption the display info feeds of the BMS therefore no different information should show. Then again, if that is the case a confirmation would be great either / or.

Currently working with this via DM's. However, this could be a few things such as the correct protocol being used for CAN or RS485. We recommend using CAN communication with EG4LL-S to the 18kPV/6000XP.
Jared....I'm using CAN comms and are all set to Lux Protocol. In fact I change theRs485 also to lux just in case. I can see 500amps total power so all five are seen on the inverter.

Last edited:
Akitawpo, please let me know what you did to get your system running correctly. I am just installing precisely the same system and would like to hear what you’ve accomplished.

Akitawpo, please let me know what you did to get your system running correctly. I am just installing precisely the same system and would like to hear what you’ve accomplished.
Basically I updated all the batteries to the newest firmware (LL-S). Even though updateding the oldest two of my five resolved the problem, I decided to update all of them to have all equal.

Thanks for that. What app or website do you use o monitor and setup your inverter and batteries? I just startedtinlookmatbthe EG4 Monitor website (https://monitor.eg4electronics.com/WManage/web/monitor/inverter). Are you using this? I have yet to get power to my inverter to start looking at things though. Would be further interested in your thoughts
I use the eg4 site and Solar Assistant. Solar assistant provides a bit more info than the Eg4.

Back