diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP Monitoring app, lacking pFromGrid Data?

PCbyTC

I know enough to not be too dangerous
Hello, I have a recently installed an EG4 6000XP, 7K of PV, 200AH Batts, pretty impressed with the unit, setup in UPS mode running things fine with grid fallback, but the thing I'm noticing is in the web monitor page, there is no data for power (use) from grid, just Voltage, which is useless. I didn't know if it had this capability or do only the bigger, say the 18K or other grid-tie models do this? If so, I guess I can work around with an external monitor like Eyedro, but that's not ideal.

Attachments

• no-pGrid.JPG
    no-pGrid.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 6
I do wish the app would show current AC voltage like the web page does

I withdraw the question, I had not run the batteries low enough to pull from Grid until last night. It's working fine.
What a neat Inverter.
I'm glad you're able to see the data now. If you have any other issues feel free to let me know.

Does anyone who actually has it, time to share experience with it?
I am still unsure if i should use it or not...

Well, today I log in and the "Monitor" page has no data? The other tabs appear current. Is there an outage?
I've been experiencing the same thing. I emailed EG4 about it because there looks to be a timing issue in the code that loads the inverter data.

Try singing out and singing back in. A few people that were having the same issue said this helped resolve the issue.

Try singing out and singing back in. A few people that were having the same issue said this helped resolve the issue.
I’ve done that several times. It’s hit and miss whether or not it loads the data properly.

My new EG4 equipment is sitting on pallets in the "old house" garage, waiting for our contractor to finish building the "new house" barn/garage where it will reside, so I just have to sit and be envious of you folks having a system to monitor. That said, these could-based outages are pushing me toward rapid adoption of solar assistant on a RPi once my equipment is installed. I've become a big fan of local vs. cloud.

I love mine. Bought last Nov. Purchased a second one a week ago!
Thx for answering.
What are you powering with it?
Do you have appliances that drag it down?
I was hoping to fire my whole house with it. Only monster load i have is a dryer but that prob turns into the heatpump one from ge.
Do u run well pump or anything with it?

Thx for answering.
I was hoping to fire my whole house with it. Only monster load i have is a dryer but that prob turns into the heatpump one from ge.
I had mine running most of the house except most of the 240v loads. When the water heater and well ran at the same time it usually fell back to grid because someone turned on a microwave or something...

Edit: For a whole house, I would probably go with 2 of them.

Thx for answering.
I am slowly bringing my entire house on solar.

Right now 1 xp is routinely powering 2 bedrooms and 2 window ac plus breadmaker. Air fryer, ebike charging. Fridge and now my water heater that I converted from 4500 watts to 1500

I do not run a well pump.
With all the loads mentioned. It certainly has fallen to grid when 2 bedrooms, 2 ac window units, and the water heater runs at the same time. That is more about line balancing than anything else, but it is a symptom of the capabilities. For instance now when I run the air fryer, I probably would be fine as long as the fridge compressor didn't start.

Long story short: I'm at my limit so I ordered a second xp.

One 6000xp can do just about anything, but not everything at the same time.

I am slowly bringing my entire house on solar.

Right now 1 xp is routinely powering 2 bedrooms and 2 window ac plus breadmaker. Air fryer, ebike charging. Fridge and now my water heater that I converted from 4500 watts to 1500

I do not run a well pump.
With all the loads mentioned. It certainly has fallen to grid when 2 bedrooms, 2 ac window units, and the water heater runs at the same time. That is more about line balancing than anything else, but it is a symptom of the capabilities. For instance now when I run the air fryer, I probably would be fine as long as the fridge compressor didn't start.

Long story short: I'm at my limit so I ordered a second xp.

One 6000xp can do just about anything, but not everything at the same time.
Thx for the info provided.
I dont run waterheater on electric, so that should be good. And according to my 2 years of data, i only exceed 5000 watts at once when the darn dryer runs. Unfortunate i dont have access to a inrush current meter.
So from your perspective...is it still worth it?
And how many batteries are on yours?

Thx for the info provided.
I dont run waterheater on electric, so that should be good. And according to my 2 years of data, i only exceed 5000 watts at once when the darn dryer runs. Unfortunate i dont have access to a inrush current meter.
So from your perspective...is it still worth it?
And how many batteries are on yours?
Worth it? For sure. 8 haven't found anything better or cheaper.
I got 2 other inverters at 6000 watts and they don't have passthru

I have 34 kWh of batteries

diy solar

diy solar
Back