diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6000xp why parallel the PV input?

kaha001

Hi, I’m new to this subject, I’m building a power house ( my words) to run my RV that’s parked off grid. I have two 6000xp that I’m putting in the system. While reading the manual on page 47 item #2 shows PV input mode settings. Talking to the tech dept they said if I wanted I could parallel two strings on the MPPT’s… My question is if I have both strings running 260v input (max being 280v) and my panel amps are 8amps if I parallel
them making 260v and 16 amps what is the advantage? For some reason I thought you either had voltage or amps but not both.

Paralleling the MPPT’s allows for a larger single amperage circuit.
This can be beneficial if switching from an existing system to the 6kxp's. So that you don't have to reconfigure an existing array.

Thank you for the reply… this system is new and I’m just setting it up… I guess the question is what does increasing the amperage really due? Does it increase my ability to charge the battery bank?

Thank you for the reply… this system is new and I’m just setting it up… I guess the question is what does increasing the amperage really due? Does it increase my ability to charge the battery bank?

If connecting panels in series would exceed the VOC limit for a specific panel, you could instead connect them in parallel, ensuring that the total voltage stays below the threshold. For instance, if 10 panels have a VOC of 50v but an ISC of 10A that is too high when connected in series, you could parallel it with 5 panels in series and 2 strings in parallel to maintain compatibility with the 6000XP MPPT, which has a maximum current of 25A, thus enabling the use of all panels.

It just gives you more options for configuring the solar array.
For a new setup, just configure them separately.
The parallel function is more suited for existing wiring that isn't easy to change.

Back