diy solar

diy solar

6000XP PV Configuration Advice

TXGUY

All,

I could use some advice please. Signature Solar tech support was very nice, but I got a basic phone shrug when I asked them for this advice.

I have six commercial panels (Solar First off eBay cheaply) that output:
  • 222V each
  • 2.5A each
  • 460W each
I am currently running them all in parallel configuration into my 6000XP into PV1 to keep the voltage under the system's combined threshold of 480V if it's cold.

My question is, will it increase my efficiency or charge speed or unnecessarily strain the hardware if I split them up and run 3 into PV1 and then 3 into PV2, both in parallel configurations, or just leave it all in PV1 as it is now?

Big Thanks!

All,

I could use some advice please. Signature Solar tech support was very nice, but I got a basic phone shrug when I asked them for this advice.

I have six commercial panels (Solar First off eBay cheaply) that output:
  • 222V each
  • 2.5A each
  • 460W each
I am currently running them all in parallel configuration into my 6000XP into PV1 to keep the voltage under the system's combined threshold of 480V if it's cold.

My question is, will it increase my efficiency or charge speed or unnecessarily strain the hardware if I split them up and run 3 into PV1 and then 3 into PV2, both in parallel configurations, or just leave it all in PV1 as it is now?

Big Thanks!
Good morning! I agree with @Quattrohead, leave it how it is for now, if you decide to add more panels, then you should consider splitting them up.
Additionally, I have sent you a DM to learn more about the 'basic phone shrug' you encountered. This is not the support we aim to provide. EVERY question is important. ☀️

Back