diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp with JK Inverter BMS

I realize this thread is a little old but I just created an account to add my experience with getting my JK inverter BMS to communicate with my 6000XP.

This forum has been super helpful in figuring out my first battery build so I figured it was worth helping out for once!

The JK Inverter BMS manual has the CAN and RS485 ports mislabeled. I set the BMS CAN setting to Pylontech and set the 6000XP in li-ion mode with pylontech “2” as the make/model then plugged into the 2nd port to the right of the brown “relay connector” on the BMS communications board.

image.jpg

After figuring out they mislabeled the ports everything synced right up. I can now see the SOC in the eg4 dashboard and on the screen of the inverter. It currently shows 0AH for capacity though so I still have some more testing to do to see if I can get that part working.

I realize this thread is a little old but I just created an account to add my experience with getting my JK inverter BMS to communicate with my 6000XP.

This forum has been super helpful in figuring out my first battery build so I figured it was worth helping out for once!

The JK Inverter BMS manual has the CAN and RS485 ports mislabeled. I set the BMS CAN setting to Pylontech and set the 6000XP in li-ion mode with pylontech “2” as the make/model then plugged into the 2nd port to the right of the brown “relay connector” on the BMS communications board.

View attachment 202307

After figuring out they mislabeled the ports everything synced right up. I can now see the SOC in the eg4 dashboard and on the screen of the inverter. It currently shows 0AH for capacity though so I still have some more testing to do to see if I can get that part working.
Thanks for the input and glad you’re getting some info from BMS to inverter. Please continue to post updates as you work through this. I haven’t purchased the new BMS yet but highly interested.

View attachment 202307

Please let us know how this is doing. I am sure there are a lot of people interested in this. Thanks!

Any updates on the jk inverter BMS talking to a 6000xp?
I’ve seen a few people getting it to work but it only reports SOC and voltage. Without reporting AH, not sure how well it will work. I haven’t seen anyone getting it to work with parallel connections

Back